To what extent do you trust your dreams?

jayaso

Hi all,

I am not too sure whether this is the correct forum to start this discussion, but I wanted to have it because it is something that has plagued me for a long time and I still do not know the answer.

Over the last 3 years, I have had various dreams about the same person. The dreams have been fairly positive (in the main); but often stopped short of providing me with the answers that I need to make sense of the person and our situation in the real world. Shortly after having reoccuring dreams about this person, I began learning lenormand and tarot. When I asked questions about this person and our situation... the responses were often negative and other people read for me and also provided me with negative to middle of the road readings... fair enough.

However, the dreams continued. Again, they were not negative dreams which supported what I was being told. They were dreams of hope etc. I thought that because perhaps I wasn't shielding myself spiritually, my dreams were merely an extension of my waking thoughts and optimism around the situation.

As I have become more annoyed with the discrepancy between tarot readings and my dreams, I made a conscious effort to recite a particular paragraph (targeted at my angels) before sleeping and asking for more information about the relationship between me and this person.

Funnily enough, 2/3 times... the answers provided in the dreams were positive and 1/3 times I awoke feeling refreshed and less concerned about the issues.

In essence, I would just like to read your experiences of your dreams and whether they have manifested as you have dreamt them? Also, what prayers of guidance do you recite before sleeping?

*Apologies for the long post

danieljuk

I know some people on AT have really predictive dreams, things come true. But I personally rarely get premonitions, so I can't trust my dreams as literal. For me they tend to be a bigger message that I must work out.

In my own situation, I had dreams about a guy I liked (this is like over the last 5 years but they are less frequent these days). We became good friends in real life but he drove me crazy with me trying to go further than that, he ran hot and cold. We are still friends today but I decided to push away and there is no future of romance between us. He just messes me around and won't commit but I am glad of his friendship. I dreamt of him a lot and sometimes still do but I realise now that it wasn't a message of us being together, he represents a fantasy, of what I want in a partner. I am not sure if my dream of him is the real him, I suspect not but it has attributes of him. The dreams of him are very useful because I have worked out exactly what I want! What qualities do I need in a partner? sort of thing.

I can't say if your dreams are positive answers about manifesting with someone you life, I see dreams as more emotional / psychological messages, something you need to hear. I would definitely write down / journal all your dreams though because you can refer back to them if anything happens. Why not do a card reading on your dreams? But I think symbols and people in dreams are often symbolism, well to me anyway.

celticnoodle

I routinely do have dreams that are premonitions of the things to come. Once in awhile though, the dreams aren't 100% like I dream them--though I don't know why that is so.

The best "dream" to come true for me was meeting my granddaughter. In the dream, I was on a bus trip with my mother and aunt (the aunt was deceased at the time) and she introduced us to my future granddaughter. The really coolest part about this dream is that my mother had the same dream around the same time I did. This was when my daughter was still pregnant and had no idea what the sex of her baby was to be.

I had many dreams of my future granddaughter. I remember another one I had when she was a few months old in my dream and we (my hub & I) were visiting them for the holidays. I remember that someone was holding the baby on their knee and jiggling the baby around by moving that leg/knee up & down. That year, sure enough, when we were visiting for the holidays--it happened exactly like my dream. It hit me when I realized that I had dreamed that and it was a deja-vu moment for me.

So, yes, I do trust my dreams--but also realize that sometimes they may not be 100% as I remember the dream upon waking. I also usually know if the dream is a prediction that will occur or just a dream.

violetdaisy

I trust my dreams, but I also don't have predictive dreams. And some of my dreams are purely entertainment for the hours I'm asleep. I do know which dreams are which though. The ones trying to tell me something I can hear in and feel in. And I remember them really well on waking, and even days later.

Usually dreams that I'm supposed to pay attention to are trying to get me to do something, or say something, or behave a certain way for some unknown reason. (Reason becomes apparent later, after I've done or said what I was encouraged to do.)

Other times the dream is trying to expand my personal spiritual knowledge by demonstrating something that can only be accomplished in my dreams.

Most recently I had a dream interrupt another dream (difficult to explain and different from a dream mash-up) to tell me something. And it was so apparent that was what was happening. And after some thought I realized that has happened before in other dreams but was more subtle. So, now I get to pay attention for that too.

My dreams have never lead me wrong so I trust them. :)

jayaso

Thank you D

I know some people on AT have really predictive dreams, things come true. But I personally rarely get premonitions, so I can't trust my dreams as literal. For me they tend to be a bigger message that I must work out.

In my own situation, I had dreams about a guy I liked (this is like over the last 5 years but they are less frequent these days). We became good friends in real life but he drove me crazy with me trying to go further than that, he ran hot and cold. We are still friends today but I decided to push away and there is no future of romance between us. He just messes me around and won't commit but I am glad of his friendship. I dreamt of him a lot and sometimes still do but I realise now that it wasn't a message of us being together, he represents a fantasy, of what I want in a partner. I am not sure if my dream of him is the real him, I suspect not but it has attributes of him. The dreams of him are very useful because I have worked out exactly what I want! What qualities do I need in a partner? sort of thing.

I can't say if your dreams are positive answers about manifesting with someone you life, I see dreams as more emotional / psychological messages, something you need to hear. I would definitely write down / journal all your dreams though because you can refer back to them if anything happens. Why not do a card reading on your dreams? But I think symbols and people in dreams are often symbolism, well to me anyway.

Thank you for responding. Sorry that it has taken me so long to write back. I wanted to do my responses justice. It is interesting that you say your dreams are usually messages that you have to work out. Mine aren't usually far fetched or confusing, they usually occur in very real locations that I have attachments to and that is what makes me wonder what the real message or thing to take away is.

What makes me nervous and a bit freaked out is the fact that my dreams always related to interactions or situations that have the potential to take place in real life. More recently, I had a dream that I was walking down the aisle to this particular person and he gave me a watch instead of a ring. Fast forward a year, and he told me that he wasn't ready for a relationship as he needed to sort himself out first. This made me wonder.

In another situation, I dreamed that I was talking to one of his friends that I have only met once. Then guess what, I ran into this said friend a few weeks ago and it became apparent that I could potentially see more of her. So, this is why I don't know whether my dreams are giving me insight into the future or whether they are just the result of an over active imagination lol

What type of spread would you suggest to clarify a dream?

Thanks for sharing your story :)

jayaso

Thank you C

I routinely do have dreams that are premonitions of the things to come. Once in awhile though, the dreams aren't 100% like I dream them--though I don't know why that is so.

The best "dream" to come true for me was meeting my granddaughter. In the dream, I was on a bus trip with my mother and aunt (the aunt was deceased at the time) and she introduced us to my future granddaughter. The really coolest part about this dream is that my mother had the same dream around the same time I did. This was when my daughter was still pregnant and had no idea what the sex of her baby was to be.

I had many dreams of my future granddaughter. I remember another one I had when she was a few months old in my dream and we (my hub & I) were visiting them for the holidays. I remember that someone was holding the baby on their knee and jiggling the baby around by moving that leg/knee up & down. That year, sure enough, when we were visiting for the holidays--it happened exactly like my dream. It hit me when I realized that I had dreamed that and it was a deja-vu moment for me.

So, yes, I do trust my dreams--but also realize that sometimes they may not be 100% as I remember the dream upon waking. I also usually know if the dream is a prediction that will occur or just a dream.

Your story is very comforting and I am glad that there are other people who dream vivid dreams and see them manifest in a similar way.

I feel like I am the odd one out sometimes. Like you, I also feel like I have many deja-vu moments!

Or instances where I feel like 'oh, I saw that one coming.' However, there are a number that I remember that have not come to pass (these are less than a year old now) and I wonder why I can still remember them so vividly. It is so strange - perhaps I need to stop asking for dreams that I cannot handle lol.

I must say, I have never had SO many dreams until I met this particular person and they don't feel like they are going to stop anytime soon (with or without me asking).

celticnoodle

Your story is very comforting and I am glad that there are other people who dream vivid dreams and see them manifest in a similar way.

I feel like I am the odd one out sometimes. Like you, I also feel like I have many deja-vu moments!

Or instances where I feel like 'oh, I saw that one coming.' However, there are a number that I remember that have not come to pass (these are less than a year old now) and I wonder why I can still remember them so vividly. It is so strange - perhaps I need to stop asking for dreams that I cannot handle lol.

I must say, I have never had SO many dreams until I met this particular person and they don't feel like they are going to stop anytime soon (with or without me asking).

Yes, I can remember dreams that were very vivid for me and I wake up and think to myself, "Okay...now I'll just wait for THAT to happen!" because it was so vivid. But more then a year later...and still nothing has happened like the dream. Its weird!

I recently had a very vivid dream, and I even got a name for someone who was in the dream--someone I didn't know at all, but according to the dream will be doing business with. So, I'm wondering when that will come to be.

I don't always ask for these dreams to come to me. Like the one above that I just had. But, they come anyway. It'll be interesting if it does come to be and the name of the person is accurate.

Reincar-Nation

Great question, i have learnt to take my dreams pretty seriously, buy have found that any emotional type content or feelings should not be taken at face value, everything is more symbolic.
The best examples i have is when i was having a lot of dreams about getting into fist fights, now I'm not a violent person and i couldn't win a punch up with a ten minute head start, but i always won the fight in these dreams. Months after they started i was diagnosed with cancer, but i beat it but it was one hell of a fight. The feeling after the dreams was one of victory, but that only happened on real life once it was over.
I've had a lot of predictive dreams, but they certainly don't give you a clear easy to read message, i had one about climbing a ladder, but the ladder was blocked and i had to turn around and go back. I asked my tarot cards about the dream and it seemed to be a work dream. Months later i quit my job and took one that could be seen to be going down the ladder, if you like, so that made perfect sense also.

jayaso

Thank you!

I trust my dreams, but I also don't have predictive dreams. And some of my dreams are purely entertainment for the hours I'm asleep. I do know which dreams are which though. The ones trying to tell me something I can hear in and feel in. And I remember them really well on waking, and even days later.

Usually dreams that I'm supposed to pay attention to are trying to get me to do something, or say something, or behave a certain way for some unknown reason. (Reason becomes apparent later, after I've done or said what I was encouraged to do.)

Other times the dream is trying to expand my personal spiritual knowledge by demonstrating something that can only be accomplished in my dreams.

Most recently I had a dream interrupt another dream (difficult to explain and different from a dream mash-up) to tell me something. And it was so apparent that was what was happening. And after some thought I realized that has happened before in other dreams but was more subtle. So, now I get to pay attention for that too.

My dreams have never lead me wrong so I trust them. :)

Thank you for contributing VD - sorry it has taken me a while to respond. Wanted to make sure that I was in the right head space.

I am the same as you. There are usually parts of dreams that STAND out for me and that I can remember upon waking. That is usually the take home message, but it is usually difficult to sit with lol. I need to become more like you though, I wish I knew which were which because that would curb my anxiety sooo much!

For example, today, I had a dream about someone I used to like and they were telling me that essentially they were going back to their ex partner and never stopped loving them and that is why they treated me badly when we were involved. Now, I am not too sure what to do with that information, but I take that as literal lol.

jayaso

hugs!

Great question, i have learnt to take my dreams pretty seriously, buy have found that any emotional type content or feelings should not be taken at face value, everything is more symbolic.
The best examples i have is when i was having a lot of dreams about getting into fist fights, now I'm not a violent person and i couldn't win a punch up with a ten minute head start, but i always won the fight in these dreams. Months after they started i was diagnosed with cancer, but i beat it but it was one hell of a fight. The feeling after the dreams was one of victory, but that only happened on real life once it was over.
I've had a lot of predictive dreams, but they certainly don't give you a clear easy to read message, i had one about climbing a ladder, but the ladder was blocked and i had to turn around and go back. I asked my tarot cards about the dream and it seemed to be a work dream. Months later i quit my job and took one that could be seen to be going down the ladder, if you like, so that made perfect sense also.

I loved the way you wrote this! Very humourous :)

Congratulations and well done for winning the cancer fight - I can't begin to imagine how hard that was; but I am glad that you're still here to share your testimony AND dreams with us all! x When you ask your tarot cards what the dream meant, what do you ask?