Tower as the TYPE of person I'm attracted to?

WolfSwan

I did Glass Owl's Preparing for love spread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=79552

I tried both the short version and the long version.

For both versions in the place of "What kind of person am I drawn to" I got the Tower card?

What does that mean? Tower in the negative means complete destruction, dreams built on weak foundations...but it can also mean someone who rocks your world and changes your perspective completely about relationships.

In the 8th place (what kind of person do I attract) I got The Sun - so someone fulfilled, happy, someone who's got their act together.

And then in 9th position (what's holding me back from a new relationship) I got Page of Pentacles? - is that a fear of commitment?

rwcarter

Page Pentacles suggests that you're too busy going over what went wrong in the other relationships to focus on a new one. I'd say that the PP is the most likely for commitment of all the Pages.

The Tower could be someone who shakes up the status quo, be that yours or that of those around you (like the guy you know your parents are going to hate).

Rodney

WolfSwan

Page Pentacles suggests that you're too busy going over what went wrong in the other relationships to focus on a new one. I'd say that the PP is the most likely for commitment of all the Pages.

The Tower could be someone who shakes up the status quo, be that yours or that of those around you (like the guy you know your parents are going to hate).

Rodney

I could see perhaps I was going over what happened in the last relationship a bit! I'm too old to be going to someone my parents would hate on purpose, so I'd say it would be someone shaking up the status quo, someone I wouldn't have thought I'd be attracted to but someone still am...Page of Pentacles is an interesting one though...

winter garden

Watching this thread with interest, as I just did a love spread myself and the Tower came up as how others perceive me in relationships. I suppose I'm somewhat of a destructive force, in the sense that I'm incredibly intense and prone to moody outbursts on occasion. I've also always been a bit of black sheep, so to speak, and I'm certainly the type that someone may be reluctant to introduce to their family (at any age).

As far as your Page of Pentacles goes, I always see her as someone who is fixated on something; are you prone to obsessing over details, perhaps?

Do you read reversals? The Sun can also be egotistical and self focused; desiring to be the centre of attention. But generally I think most people consider it to be a positive and "happy" card, as you noted. Someone with the capacity to shine light in the darkness.

WolfSwan

Watching this thread with interest, as I just did a love spread myself and the Tower came up as how others perceive me in relationships. I suppose I'm somewhat of a destructive force, in the sense that I'm incredibly intense and prone to moody outbursts on occasion. I've also always been a bit of black sheep, so to speak, and I'm certainly the type that someone may be reluctant to introduce to their family (at any age).

Hahaha, fair enough - I also see it as the type of card that helps people transform and become more than they were, or question their foundations in order to grow...why couldn't they make it a butterfly instead of a tower? Much nicer way to say transformation ;)

As far as your Page of Pentacles goes, I always see her as someone who is fixated on something; are you prone to obsessing over details, perhaps?

Heehee, okay I admit I'm obsessing over the new person coming into my life. I'm just so eager to see the physical version of the energies I've been sensing. It's like when someone sends describes the birthday cake they've made for you, but aren't saying when you'll be able to taste it :)

Do you read reversals? The Sun can also be egotistical and self focused; desiring to be the centre of attention. But generally I think most people consider it to be a positive and "happy" card, as you noted. Someone with the capacity to shine light in the darkness.

I don't. The Gilded Tarot that I have teaches readings without reversals. I can understand why reversals would help though, especially in cases like this.

WolfSwan

On that note, I've read that Tower personalities "are activists, hackers and anarchists, confronting and attacking old and out dated structures."

Given that I'm a "Indigo-Crystal" child - an activist or someone passionate about the world and determine to change the outdated and old way of doing things in favour of the new, better method sounds about right.

I've also read that the strength and fortitude of a Tower personality is enormous, especially when the going gets tough.

In this case with the Sun, I guess it works if it's a charismatic leader out there changing the world...?

Amanda

Some possibilities for you to consider..

For both versions in the place of "What kind of person am I drawn to" I got the Tower card?

Someone that puts up a great big [false] façade.

In the 8th place (what kind of person do I attract) I got The Sun - so someone fulfilled, happy, someone who's got their act together.

Usually, there's a small boy in the card acting like a free-spirited (potential) brat...

And then in 9th position (what's holding me back from a new relationship) I got Page of Pentacles? - is that a fear of commitment?

You might still be examining pieces of the wreckage from the last Tower that blew up, trying to determine if there's any value.

Rapiere

Tower in this position can mean passion that shakes your foundations, being immersed in another person, turning into a badass mosaic together. It is a fiery card, full of force. May possess a self-destructive element, brinkmanship, not knowing where to stop in a relationship. It is not about obsession, though, that would be about the Devil. It's more about every new person being a new challenge that turns your world upside down and helps you get over the past, about wanting to drink something to the bottom.
Tower and the Sun resonate together - the Sun throws an intense light on your life and outshines past experiences.

Aries1975

I would almost think that the Tower could represent someone taking things out of your control. So instead of going to your parents for a weekend, this person would be " forget about those this, we are going to Vegas, I've booked the trip this afternoon". Although it may be fun and spontaneous, the down side is someone has to death with the wrath of your parents afterwards as well.

SwordOfTruth

What does that mean? Tower in the negative means complete destruction, dreams built on weak foundations...but it can also mean someone who rocks your world and changes your perspective completely about relationships.

Tower - someone who does not go about fulfilling the expectations of others. They live by their own rules come hell or high water. They are not afraid to burn a bridge or to step outside the strict little rules society places on us. They are staunchly individual even when it brings condemnation upon them.

The Sun - I often see this when the person has a high social profile. So someone popular, maybe even a recognised expert or leader in their field. It's definitely someone under the spotlight and who has no fear of living there.

Page Of Pentacles - She can sometimes be someone in a stuck state. One who clings to their current state of being rather than moves forward and expands. They tell themselves they don't know enough, aren't good enough etc in order to justify staying where they are. The image is one of the apprentice admiring the shine new thing but not feeling like they have enough knowledge, skills, experience, to really do much with this new thing. They think of themselves like an apprentice when actually their attributes are higher than that, they just need to believe.