Tree of Life Spread

Joker

Hey everyone, this is my first post and also my first custom spread. I've used it once or twice and it has worked pretty well. I've only had Tarot cards for about a week now, but I have been reading about them and studying them for a very long time. So...here's the spread.

The Tree of Life Spread

Purpose:
Can be used to answer a specific question or for a general reading. Analyzes past, present, and future by any three other factors you choose. I generally make each branch represent spirit, mind, and body, but you could have them represent anything else that suits you. The spread is shaped like a tree, with the querent’s own existence serving as the roots, and their mind, spirit, and body branching out through the past, present and future.

Card Positions:
1. The Querent
2. The Querent’s Spiritual Past
3. The Querent’s Mental Past
4. The Querent’s Bodily/Physical Past
5. The Querent’s Spiritual Present
6. The Querent’s Mental Present
7. The Querent’s Bodily/Physical Present
8. The Querent’s Spiritual Future
9. The Querent’s Mental Future
10. The Querent’s Bodily/Physical Future

Methods of Expansion:
Adding an environment (the soil) can be performed by drawing two to four extra cards and placing these on either side of position one from left to right. This represents the soil from which the querent’s tree of life has sprouted. These cards could represent family, childhood, or anything that has occurred in the distant past. All of these cards have a strong influence on the tree, so if you plan on using the environment in a reading, it may be best to lay it down before the tree itself.

In the diagram below, A, B, C, and D represent the environment.

A..B.1.C..D

sweet_intuition

I like it.

I'm gonna try it

Sinduction

I will too. I like the look of it. Good job!

Joker

Thanks for the replies. Let me know how it turns out.

HighPriestesss

I haven't connected well with the celtic spread, and this one looks awesome! I especially like the soil/distant past area! Can't wait to try it!!

Joker

I have come up with a bit of a new interpretation for the soil. It could mean distant past, but another way to look at it is "what makes a person the person they are?" I did a reading for a friend of mine, and the Strength card came up in that area, and it really clicked for them because patience, tolerance, and balance are a definite part of who they are.