Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

rwcarter

Serious question. . . Doesn't the grittiness of glitter affect the shuffle-ability of the cards?
Glitter nail polish or glitter glue. Just a dab here and there with the tip of a toothpick won't have too much of an effect on the ability to shuffle the cards.

rylla

Madrigal, your Enchanted just screams for a little bit of glitter here and there on the cards.

Great idea! Mine is trimmed too and screaming at me! [I shall pay attention and glitter it]

urbandryad

I didn't know this was a thing! I need help, how do I do it? I has so many decks that could use a trim...oh nm, links at the top, right. *too excited to think right now*

It feels a little sacrilege though. ^^ I guess if its a new deck without much use or wear its not really altering something that you've already connected with, and may even help you connect better.

I know I could use the help. I have the smallest hands of any person I know. Its what kept me from doing anything useful with a piano.

PathWalker

Anyone help with this?

I'm considering writing on some highly laminated cards and wonder if anyone can recommend what to use? There is no spare card to try out on.

Help welcome
Pathwalker

PathWalker

Thanks - I'll check it out :)

Mariqueen

Thanks for all the tips guys!

kduphily

l have a deck The Druidcraft and the cards are enormous and with small hands myself it was a nightmare shuffling them.

l trimmed them using a guillotine cutter like this ....
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41nXC5AfiWL._AA160_.jpg

Then used a corner rounder.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419OwKClR-L._SL160_.jpg

the results were amazing it brought the images alive and best of all my shuffling was so much easier.

I'm going to be trimming my Druidcraft as well, and was looking for a cutter to buy, thanks for the links :thumbsup:

Mariqueen

I trimmed a Italian Morgan Greer deck I bought by accident into a pocket size. I love how it turned out! I'm considering dying the edges with blue ink as well.

Attachments

• IMG_8430.JPG
    IMG_8430.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_8429.JPG
    IMG_8429.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 544