Triplets?

Belladonna

The short version is:
I had a dream last night that I was very pregnant and that I and two old friends from my school days (I am semi in touch with these days) who were in the same "condition" as I, were preparing the house we were in to give birth in.

I was going to have triplets.

I was terrified of the impending pain of childbirth, in particular the "transition stage" of dilation- between 8 and 10 cm.

Some quick background. I have one little boy whom I delivered by c-section. We are not thinking about having more children, or rather, we've done all our thinking about it and have decided we will not have more children.

Any thoughts?

cricket

Who ever said this 'pregnancy' was a physical one? ;) Are the three of you (your friends and yourself) planning on doing something together, even if it's just in the brainstorm phase at the moment?

skytwig

Cool dream, belladonna!! :)

Are you "pregnant" with possibilities (like the move? the house? a new state?) .... or ideas, career, creativity, self-actualization.....

Pregnancy, i would surmise, indicates something 'unborn' in the self, but something very near birth, life, being real, being here, in your hands to hold. Are you 'expecting' anything?

The fact that it is triplets is significant .... how? How does 3 stand out for you? When you were three? The Empress!!! Nurturing? Triangles? Are you working out something from the three friends time?

One thing you can do is journal ideas that come to mind, write anything that comes to mind; don't analyze it, just keep putting thoughts down. Draw if you like, just be spontaneous with it. As you do, something will stand out. When you feel there is no more to jot down, sit with it. At this point you may know what it is saying, or it may come as you view it, or it may click later.

Whatever you think is important, IS.

Explore, muse, consider....... :) skytwig

Belladonna

Duh! Thanks Cricket and Skytwig! I guess sometimes I really just have to have someone to bounce ideas off of. There are three of us: me, my husband and my little boy. And yes, we are on the verge of a big transition. We need to sell our house and move, and up until very recently I dreaded and vehemently opposed the idea (very emotional).

More recently I feel like I've hit upon something, though.I'm still trying to figure out if this is the way to go, but I've always had a strong connection to the southwest and my husband and I went on a long road trip down there years ago. I feel my energy completely reving up at the idea of moving down there for awhile. To me it feels destined, the answer!

Of course, the transition itself would be pretty hard at first, I guess.