Trying to quit smoking

Aure

I'm about to start a break on smoking (okay, so I don't want to declare I'm quitting just in case I don't succeed)...

Which stones could help, amethyst? Any other helpful info is needed as well like which herbs make you crave it less etc.?

I noticed the last time I managed to be smoke-free for a couple of weeks that drinking rooibos helped when I wanted to have a cigarette, maybe it's the smell....?

Little Baron

*Strikes a match and lights a Marlboro*

Me too!!!!

Not succeeding though, so will be interested in any responses to this thread. Thanks Aure!

Best wishes

Yaboot

mercenary30

I would like to throw my hat into the ring on this thread, as long as Yaboot001 promises I will get it back........

Mimers

I have not had a cigarette since April 13. I used the patch. Good luck you guys!

I love you all wether you smoke or not!

Mimi

zorya

good for you, aure!

lobeline tea (made from the lobelia) helped me quit smoking. it took away the nicotine craving part of the addiction.

CreativeFire

Throwing another hat into the ring here. :) I also will be watching this thread with interest as I am trying to stop smoking (have managed to cut down a bit so far).

CreativeFire

Majecot

Throwing mine in as well.... I too am not declaring anything ( for I am weak) but I shall be watching this thread with interest.

I am thinking I may almost be ready to *Hrrmph* um cut back ??

Creative Fire, for every cigarette you do not smoke, adds 7-11 mins back on to your life ;)

Good luck all!!! ( and thanks Mimers :))

zorya

just wanted to add that along with the lobeline tea, i sucked on a ton of jolly rancher hard candy and suckers/lollipops. so i had the nicotine and the oral cravings covered.

had i known how painless it would have been, i would also have gone to an acupuncturist for assistance.

...and just think of all the tarot decks you could buy with the money saved! :D

i wish you all the best!

Mimers

zorya said:
...and just think of all the tarot decks you could buy with the money saved! :D

Sounds terrible, but that really helped me when I quit!

Penelope

Someone once suggested that it was a great help that they didn't 'stop' smoking, but put off having the next smoke, "until a little later" This lucky being is still putting off that next cigarette some years later.