Two of cups as a crisis I am passing through?

winter garden

I've pulled all the cards for a larger hanged man spread, but haven't even managed to properly progress past interpreting the first card. I received 'Two of Cups' in the first position addressing a crisis I am passing through. I'm single, and my last relationship was a long time ago, so I don't think it is related to that. The only thing that comes to mind is dealing once again with love passing me by, and feeling ridiculous for entertaining any thoughts that someone I felt an attraction to could ever reciprocate. I wouldn't say that was a crisis, as much as it disappointed me to not even be able to keep them in my life even as a potential friend.

For context, the next two cards in the spread are: six of cups ("my actions that lead to this") and ten of swords ("how the other person contributed to it"). I see six of cups as having spent too much time reflecting on the past, and being naive/deluded. Ten of Swords I assume is clear; they stabbed in me the back, or did they? I may feel hurt about being discarded, but I don't know that this qualifies as being stabbed in the back.

I would love some insight into the cards, please.

danieljuk

Hi winter garden,
I think the crisis you are passing through with the 2 of Cups is being single. You want to share that other cup with someone, for now it's just one cup. There is something to this card about mutual relationships, both people feel the same and there is a connection with such ease. This is different from your unrequited love before, it's mutual and an instant harmony. I think the crisis is that you wish you have that and may be feeling lonely or frustrated. Keep patient for that perfect 2 of Cups person :)

your other cards for background could be 6 of Cups, you go back to someone from the past (because you really want a partner so bad) and it goes badly 10 of Swords. Don't go back to ex's or people from the past, keep patient for that 2 of Cups person :)

winter garden

Thank you so much for your insight. I hadn't really looked at the card as meaning I am frustrated at being single before, but that definitely makes sense. You're right to tell me to be patient and wait; I also think I need to avoid my inclination to return to my cave and shut myself off from the prospect of love again for a long time. The hermit tends to kick in at these times.

You're also correct with your reading of the six of cups, and the ten of swords; I could imagine myself falling back into something out of loneliness and it would end badly. Even though I am very independent and enjoy (mostly) being alone, I still suffer at times with those feelings and start contemplating life with the devil I know ;-).

May I ask what your take on the Ace of Wands representing what I need to sacrifice to go on would be? I am reading about what seem to be mostly wonderful aspects of this card - creativity, potential new beginnings and so on, and then contemplating what I would need to sacrifice to move forward I hit a blank wall.

My goodness, am I ever regretting doing this spread. Haha.

jolie_amethyst

I think danieljuk has pretty much nailed this, and said what I was thinking. As for this:

May I ask what your take on the Ace of Wands representing what I need to sacrifice to go on would be? I am reading about what seem to be mostly wonderful aspects of this card - creativity, potential new beginnings and so on, and then contemplating what I would need to sacrifice to move forward I hit a blank wall.

Wands are action. Perhaps you need to give up thinking you can make this happen in your life--it's not that you'll never have the kind of relationship you want, but the idea you can force it to happen before its time. It certainly looks to me like it's saying there's no external action you can take in this area, though depending on the other cards in the spread, there may be internal work you can do. Or it may simply be that nothing besides patience is going to be effective.

Which, ugh. I hate that kind of answer, because I'm really bad at patience!

winter garden

Haha, I'm not all that patient either - although I have been consciously single for a long time, so perhaps that isn't entirely true. I think I was kind of hung up on the word, "sacrifice" and assuming it had to be something quite substantial to fit, but as you said there doesn't seem to be any external action I can take.

The things I had to work on were earth related, and also leaving behind insight gained from the Ace of Cups. The follow on from this sacrifice is supposed to be 'the Lovers', although I am probably speaking about too many cards in the spread now for it to remain in this part of the forum. If the mods would prefer to move my thread to the 'your readings' section I will happily add the remaining details to comply with posting rules.

Apologies, I forgot to say thank you for adding further insight to the thread. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me work this out :)

Silverbells

Sometimes, a forgotten meaning for me with the two of cup upright is that myself and someone are "drinking from the same cup." Example: You are having a fight with a friend or lover and are very angry with them. You pull the two of cups upright for "how they feel about you, right now," - they are feeling exactly how you feel about them right now so all you have to do is consult your own feelings, to see how they feel.

That being said, I would say that there is someone out there who is feeling the exact same as you and this person is coming at you at some point; you're not alone in it. And I might go as far as to say that you two are already connected on some level, even if that connection is not material (you already knowing them), it might be purely on a psychic level. Something to consider :)

Stay up, Friend :heart:

winter garden

Thank you, Silverbells - that is actually a really lovely way of looking at the two of cups.

Perhaps one day I will find such a person, and I suppose the challenge for the moment is to just put that idea back out of my mind again and focus on other things.

Silverbells

:) You're welcome.
Good luck putting it out of your head with the patience issue - I can't do it myself either so I've stopped trying *shrug* I am who I am. Hurry up! lol

danieljuk

Jolie is totally right about the Ace of Wands, there may be no action you can take right now. Something else about it, it's the card of finding a passion or the beginning of a new path in that area. The reverse of this Ace (which might apply as a "sacrifice") is that you have not clearly defined what you what. Try and celebrate something you love and get into, you might meet like minded people. For example, you might love tarot, so join a tarot group which meets in your area. You might meet someone with the same interests. The sacrifice might be defining what you are passionate about, before you didn't really know! If you can find someone with a mutual interest, you will get the 2 of Cups connection perhaps :) good luck winter garden

winter garden

Jolie is totally right about the Ace of Wands, there may be no action you can take right now. Something else about it, it's the card of finding a passion or the beginning of a new path in that area. The reverse of this Ace (which might apply as a "sacrifice") is that you have not clearly defined what you what. Try and celebrate something you love and get into, you might meet like minded people. For example, you might love tarot, so join a tarot group which meets in your area. You might meet someone with the same interests. The sacrifice might be defining what you are passionate about, before you didn't really know! If you can find someone with a mutual interest, you will get the 2 of Cups connection perhaps :) good luck winter garden

I'm loving all these new perspectives on the situation I am getting in this thread.

I'm really quite introverted, and don't feel that comfortable in social situations so perhaps you are right in more ways than one. Forcing myself outside my cave could be seen as quite the sacrifice ;-) The one thing that caught me offguard with the wands, which I didn't previously bring up, is that my intended career is within a creative field, and I did worry that I may to sacrifice something to do with that in order to move forward.

Thank you for the advice, and well wishes. I may just need some kind of miracle yet.. haha.