Under-rated Oracle Decks

Promise

bodhran said:
Promise, I have the Pages of Shustah, but I know what you mean about the book! When I first got it I had flashbacks to trying to read Waite's book for the RWS... Seaqueen (of AT) posted about a blog by Ken Foor called the Daily Shustah. He's been using this deck for a long time... I went through all his posts and made notes in my book about all the cards. Now my book makes much more sense!:D
http://dailyshustah.blogspot.com/search/label/Angel of Death

That's how I figured out the ins and outs of the deck! I stalk his blog, no joke. The book is just...ridiculous is the only word I can think of. Ken Foor's blog is what helps me the most, and making my own notes as I go along.

vanity

Clow Cards. They seriously have given me the most accurate readings. I suppose not a lot of people prefer them because the art isn't quite what they like (being an anime style, after all), and the "real" editions are a bit hard to come by now.
The bootlegs are super cheap if you don't mind real crap cardstock, though.

morticia monroe

Dreaming In Color- Luman Deck. I can't say enough,,,I just see so much in these cards and FEEL them as well. If you can get the first printings (Purple box) the colors are so bright and vibrant they nearly radiate! Even the not-as-colorful printings (pinkish-purple box) are beautiful.

Yes I adore this deck. Whenever I read with them, whatever does not come to mind, comes to heart.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/ethereal/

MareSaturni

MCsea said:
For me - Doreen Virtue seems to cop a bad wrap -
I do think they are the most judged deck..people see them in one light - they love them or not..
I find them very very useful.. particularly reading for children, the elderly (who are often scared of oracles and the like) and - well just for ME - they never let me down (but I dont often use the little instruction book that comes with them)...

You are right! Doreen Virtue's decks are usually seen as "cute, light-hearted oracles" that are not meant for real divination.

I had one, but i gave it to friend. And she is LOVING it. She certainly does not think it's not serious...

Not to mention they are pretty decks :")

Le Fanu

Playing Cards Oracle - as mentioned by others. It's such a watertight system, so well thought out and logical and can be adapted to any card deck at hand.

Also the LoS Paracelsus Oracle. Like the Playing Cards Oracle, it is based on geomantics. Beautiful cards, they feel truly magical, and each time I've used them they have made so much sense to me.

I do one-card clarifying draws when I do a tarot spread. They go wonderfully with any historic deck whatsoever...

MCsea

Marina said:
You are right! Doreen Virtue's decks are usually seen as "cute, light-hearted oracles" that are not meant for real divination.

I had one, but i gave it to friend. And she is LOVING it. She certainly does not think it's not serious...

Not to mention they are pretty decks :")

:) giggles I do love the pictures too..
thanks Marina
(cool name hey)
I give these decks to people who have lost a close loved one - and in the next 12- 24 months the people dont leave home without the decks - they get really clear messages.. just wanted to share that too

Marina

belindasue

under- rated decks

Well the deck that I related to the most right now is the Philospher's stone, it seems to give true readings that help me think about the situation at hand.
I relate to the Stone man pictures. I think it is not talked about much because it is out of print, and kind of hard to get.

BodhiSeed

belindasue said:
Well the deck that I related to the most right now is the Philospher's stone, it seems to give true readings that help me think about the situation at hand.
I relate to the Stone man pictures. I think it is not talked about much because it is out of print, and kind of hard to get.
I like this one too! The pictures (if you look at the expressions and how the stones are arranged) can speak volumes - forget the keywords!

jackdaw*

The Mantegna Tarot (not a Tarot, despite the name) doesn't get much credit but for being pretty and historical. But I used to quite like it for single-card draws.

Little Hare

I have to agree with AJ and say all of them... I for one find oracles so much easier to read then tarot...

Love love love them!