Untradable and Most Tradable Decks

SunChariot

shadowdancer said:
I too had problems getting an offer for my Thoth deck/book set. On E-bay it sold twice, to non paying bidders and the third time went unsold. Here, it had no offers.

I then realised it was destined to go to somebody as a gift, and the timing was right - the person it is sent to has been searching for this deck for a while, so I know it has found the best home it can go to.

Davina
Isn't it amazing how the universe sets these things up??? I don't believe in coincidences, but that everything happens for a reason. When we prevented from selling something, it's because there is something better that we are meant to do with it.

I even accidentally order 2 copies of a deck set recently online. I had no idea I had ordered it twice. The first time the order form blocked and would not complete. I wrote the company to ask if they had received it at all and there was no answer from them. So I ordered a new copy elsewhere.

So I get my set and am happily playing and learning with it and then two weeks later I get a second set. I was about to send it back, but spontaneously an hour after I received it a friend mentioned how she wished she could get it in her country but it was not available yet there. I knew immediately I had received two so I could send her one. It's just amazing how these things work out. And I feel when we are prevented from selling something there is a reason why.

Babs

sapienza

I have also tried trading the Lovers Path set several times with no luck at all. I do agree that things happen for a reason but I really can't imagine why I need to hold onto this one. It just doesn't do anything for me. I admit I haven't even shuffled it or tried to read with it, but I have no interest in doing so. I guess I'll just keep posting to trade periodically and see what happens.

SunChariot

sapienza said:
I have also tried trading the Lovers Path set several times with no luck at all. I do agree that things happen for a reason but I really can't imagine why I need to hold onto this one. It just doesn't do anything for me. I admit I haven't even shuffled it or tried to read with it, but I have no interest in doing so. I guess I'll just keep posting to trade periodically and see what happens.

That was just my experience. The deck was not working for me, not doing anything for me. Although yes the artwork and book was stunning. I kept trying to tie the stories of the lovers in the cards into the answers of my readings and it was not working.

Then one day when I least expected it, a friend from AT requested I use of for a reading I was doing for her. I told her I had trouble with the deck, but she had confidence in me. So I respected her enough to try. I decided to skip the book meanings altogether and just use my intuition this time (which tends to be the way I read most accurately. Put the book away and did the reading. And it was amazing. And totally accurate.

And last but not least (and this I know now is 100% the reason I was lead to keep the deck), I saw and angel in her reading. I saw the Grace card as a real angel holding her, holding up that heart to show her that she coudl rest easy now and that she was very very loved by G-d and the angels. And I felt that love that was felt for her so strongly that I was close to tears. It was a very strong experience.

Which was actually quite amazing too as I had not at all believed in angels at the time I did the reading, even though I knew the friend I did the reading for did. So there I was feeling an angel communication when I did not believe in angels at all. THen of course the next reading I did with the deck, which was for myself, I saw an angel there in my reading as well.

That lead me to do a lot of research and read up on angels and they have been a strong force in my life ever since. Had it not been for that deck I may never have had that wonderful experience or so many that followed afterwards with the angels.

Hey, you never know what life has in store for you or what lessons a deck is meant to teach you. I felt if I could not trade it there was a reason, but I never in my wildest dreams thought it had anything at all to do with angels. You just never know in life!

Babs

Annabelle

weaver said:
I have tried several times to trade/sell my German edition (OOP with the aubergine borders) of the Margarete Petersen Tarot with no luck. My sale price for this pristine boxed deck/booklet set was in the mid-seventy dollar range which included shipping. I was was advised by others that I believe to be in the know that I could/should command more for the deck. Maybe on e-bay perhaps, but not here! :laugh:

weaver
Now that suprises me - I would have considered the Petersen with aubergine borders to be extremely easy to trade/sell. But then, I paid more than seventy for my copy . . . If I didn't already have one, I'd be first in line to buy yours. A while back it seemed that a lot of folks were looking for one - maybe we've all found one already? I guess it isn't a deck that's to everyone's taste, but wow, the art really pops against the aubergine.

tantricknite

I have a Margrete Petersen tarot and I like it a lot.But I didn't think it was that well known which may be why no one was looking for it.I also have noticed that everyone seems to want to get rid of their Deva decks........

sapienza

SunChariot said:
Hey, you never know what life has in store for you or what lessons a deck is meant to teach you. I felt if I could not trade it there was a reason, but I never in my wildest dreams thought it had anything at all to do with angels. You just never know in life!

Babs

I guess time will tell. I do agree with you and I'm sure if I don't trade it, the time will come when it really does speak to me - one way or another.

martyn_uk

i can't get rid of any of mine on my trade list!..lol
i think it's because i have had to limit trades to the UK only now because of high postage rates.
I think the hardest I found to get rid of was any egyptian themed decks..and the easiest was my buckland romani!

euripides

Martyn, I just got a deck posted from the UK and postage was only 3.80 (pounds). Which seems reasonable to me. I guess it depends how much the price of the deck is too. I probably paid too much (5 pounds for a well-worn IJJ Swiss) but I like it!

Egypt was all the rage for a while there - with most themed decks I think you have to be 'into' the theme generally. I wouldn't know how to make sense of an Egyptian theme, I don't know the mythology. There's a Pythagorean deck that is interesting except that they've made a basic mistake with the Greek, leaving off the article. (0 or H(ee), depending on gender - a bit like the French La or Le)

Sienna

I would take anything for the 007 deck, sheesh I can't rid of it! Might have to sell it on Ebay as a "used professional deck" - maybe I will get lucky!

Grigori

Nobody wants my Pythagorean. Its a lonely and unloved deck it seems. :(