US Games Decks Printed In Italy Suk

Gavriela

I bought an Old English and a Transformational from USG back in February. The printing is blurry, I hate the plasticky gunk (I like my cards to feel like cards), and the smell doesn't go away. I've locked the decks up with dryer sheets for weeks, aired them on the balcony, everything.

Apparently the only thing I can do is to never purchase anything from USG again - so that's what I'll do.

Even those of you who like plastic cards and inhaling glue smell have surely noticed how bad the printing is on these new ones, haven't you?

willowfox

The card stock on my RWS that was printed in Italy is thick and sticky.

Little Hare

Umbrae said:
Mmmmm yeah...the smell...the aroma...

For those of you that care about the environment...just a thought...decks printied like the Hermetic reprint will poison a landfill.

Global warming? Love that industrial aroma...yummm...(could be Cheney's after shave...).

If you don't tell publishers what you really think, they'll keep foisting this crap upon us.

Get real. Tell 'em what you think. Demand that reviewers review the entire deck - not just the pretty pictures.

You know I never even thought about the environment in regards to tarot cards and printing etc. Thanks so much for this post

Yes GREEN TAROT unite :heart:

easyboy82

I totally disagree. I have a couple of US Games decks printed in Italy , the Tarot of the Witches and the Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards , and what I liked the best was indeed the extra glossy extra heavy lamination: they're so bright and resistant! They look as decks that are going to last for a long time!

Alta

I hesitate on this, because from reading other's posts I get the impression that print runs vary, but any chemical smell that I have ever had has dissipated quickly after opening. I have the Radiant RWS in the heavy laminate and like the feel of the cards. Because I am older both my regular RWS decks are not the printed in Italy ones, but if they are like the Radiant they would be okay with me. But... to each their impressions plus the print runs vary I think....

blue_fusion

karen0205 said:
Thanks for that Myrrha. I've just gotten 2 Clow Card decks and they are VERY sticky. I was almost sorry I got them. I'll have to try shuffling them a lot.

oh they publish clow cards too?! but i thought that was licensed anime material...

AJ

I wonder if the stickiness has to do with where you live? Since so many here put imaginary locations only they would know if they live in a humid climate. Everything seems to stick together in those places.

6 Haunted Days

Gavriela said:
I bought an Old English and a Transformational from USG back in February. The printing is blurry, I hate the plasticky gunk (I like my cards to feel like cards), and the smell doesn't go away. I've locked the decks up with dryer sheets for weeks, aired them on the balcony, everything.

Apparently the only thing I can do is to never purchase anything from USG again - so that's what I'll do.

Even those of you who like plastic cards and inhaling glue smell have surely noticed how bad the printing is on these new ones, haven't you?

No, not on all. Perhaps you had a bad batch. My old Hanson Roberts and newer Italy look exactly the same, same for my Morgan Press and Italy USG Morgan Greer.

HearthCricket

My USG decks printed in Italy definitely vary. Some have more lamination than others, most do not smell, but my Radiant RW did and still did several months later so I got rid of it. I wasn't clicking with it, anyhow. Other decks have a lot less lamination on them and are fine. I like the lamination on the Archeon and Fenestra. Glossy, crisp images, holds up nicely, but it never stuck nor smelled bad. My Hanson Roberts, however, was literally one solid block of lamination. It had to be slammed against the counter, a few times, to break it in and get them to come apart! Now that is a new tradition with breaking in tarot cards!

Papageno

6 Haunted Days said:
My old Hanson Roberts and newer Italy look exactly the same, same for my Morgan Press and Italy USG Morgan Greer.

that's interesting because the print quality of my Morgan Press Aquarian is far superior to the U.S. Games printing, so maybe it does differ from batch to batch of a particular deck and even individual titles.

as for the lamination and card stock, the U.S. Games card stock is better.........I think. That might simply be an illusion since the lamination is noticeably heavier and maybe that simply adds to the weight of the card.

The Morgan Press cards feel lighter but the minimal lamination feels nicer.