Using the cards to read about health?

trinity8

My little health story is that I was having heart palpitations and asked the cards to give me feedback on my health. I got The Sun. Oh good, thinks me, that means everything is fine. Later in the day I was struck by the thought that the Sun rules Leo and astologically represents the heart. Oh no, thinks me, perhaps that card meant I'm about to have a heart attack! Perhaps a visit to the doctor and a stress test......

Grigori

I'd suggest you try and focus on the sensation of the card, and relate that to how a person feels, rather than look at a medical diagnosis or disease label. For example the two of cups (RWS) feels dizzy, like things are spinning, your balance is off centre etc.. It might be Meniere's, it might be a spinal problem, it might be that your hips are out of alignment, lots of different things. But if you stick to the sensation you'll be of value to yourself/a client, without getting over your head with trying to look at diagnosis or treatment. You don't need a book for that, just need to think about the cards in a different way. Having said that, I'd second the recommendation for Mary Greer's book.