Vampire Tarot(Place) Shipping?

Manda

Mine has been shipped. Glee!

LavenderLibra

I got a shipping notice yesterday...since it said it was coming from KY, I hope that it is here TODAY, before I go out of town...

Asher

Mine probably won't be here till Monday...I'm in the Southwest, and it's coming from Delaware. Go figure!

ETA: As of 7:19 this morning, it's in Illinois (via Delaware and Pennsylvania)! What a trip so far...

Asher

Myrrha

The artwork for this deck looks amazing but I am a little confused. The deck is based on Bram Stoker's Dracula but Pamela Coleman Smith is one of the court cards. What is the connection?

Annabelle

Mine still hasn't shipped (I preordered from Amazon). But I think the holdup is with the other item I ordered at the same time, which appears to have gone out of stock after I placed my order. I'm hoping they'll eventually go ahead and ship the deck without the other item - it's getting harder and harder to wait patiently!

Regina L.

Stoker was the manager at the Lyceum Theatre for Henry Irving & Ellen Terry, and a young Coleman Smith lived with Terry when she was a girl. So Stoker knew her during the time he wrote Dracula.

(Got mine at a local B & N Sunday--& it is seriously fab, people!)

Strange2

karen0205 said:
Could Someone please scan a few of the cards next to some other deck, like a LS deck so we could see the size comparison?

How do you like the square cards? Are they easy to shuffle or do you get poked with the corners?

Attached is a scan comparing the Sun card from the Vampire Tarot (134 x 89 cm) compared to the Dark Grimoire (Tarot del Necronomicon) from Lo Scarabeo (standard LS size of 120 x 67 cm).

I haven't attempted to shuffle the Vampire Tarot yet (will try that tonight after the sun sets), but it's definitely a handful.

Attachments

• Vampire_vs_Necronomicon.jpg
    Vampire_vs_Necronomicon.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 156

LavenderLibra

Regina L. said:
(Got mine at a local B & N Sunday--& it is seriously fab, people!)

Wah!!!!!!! <cries> I thought pre-ordering let you receive things before they hit the stores!!!!!!! :confused:

I am still Vampire-less in TN (although I did give blood today, hehe).

P.S. I wonder why they didn't round the corners? Are his other decks round or square cornered?

Mimers

I got mine today from Amazon. I have seen all the cards already and knew I would love the deck, but the card stock is awful!

St Martin did a terrible job. All my cards are stuck together. Pointy corners and the backs are separating on some of the cards! :( :( I am so dissapointed. I wanted this deck so bad! I love Robert Place's work and St Martin had to go flub it up with crappy card stock.

I am at work now but I will post pictures tonight after my dinner company leaves.

Astraea

I, too, am very disappointed in the deck. While Robert Place's artwork continues to enchant, the cards are too large to shuffle and, as Mimers says, they are so sticky that prying them apart easily damages the card stock - and this problem is compounded by painfully sharp square corners, which were already separating in my deck merely from the pressure of the shrink-wrap.

This deck strikes me more as an art deck than a pack for daily reading or heavy use. With fanning powder, it might be possible to shuffle it using a "mixing" technique, but the corners are so sharply squared that the cards will be damaged just by bumping against one another.

If circumstances permit it, in the future I hope that another version of the deck will be printed, either in a smaller size or on sturdier stock, with rounded corners and a more matte finish.