Vampire Tarot

G.I.R.

Update

Yeh, um... It's been a while since I've posted on the forum, but as an update....

I still use The Vampire Tarot and only The Vampire Tarot. I no longer use the book (I don't like the definitions in it anyways). Now I let the cards give me their messages through personal connections to the cards and through the symbolism I recognize on my own. I think I have formed a telepathic link to my cards... They know my thoughts and I can sometimes tell what they think of things before I actually do a reading (may have something to do with my other psychic influences...). I think that most psychiatrists would call my a skitzo, because I talk to my cards and they talk back. Also, I carry them everywhere. The cards see an extremly powerful future for me in prophecy. Maybe, I'm getting a bit of an ego, but I think I'm keeping it in check. I still don't charge for readings. (not much of a demand in high school other than my close friends) My only worry is that my deck says that I am going to be the most important prophet of my time. (for apocolyptic reasons) I think I'll start a thread about that. Anyways.... still my fav. deck. Worx reely well. And I'm reely good friends w/ The Sun. Sry if I got a bit off subject. It's been a while.

Dark_angel

I love this deck too! All the cards are so evocative, and the detail in the minors is simply stunning; the themes running through the images on each suit give me an extra insight into the complexities of each card, and the suit as a whole.

I'm so glad you're getting on so well with it - I've never formed such a strong bond with one of my decks. They're all friends and we're close, but not to the extent that the two of you seem to have connected.

xxx

WolfyJames

Personaly, I love dark gothic macabre stuff. I have no problems with such things. I've been looking around for a deck just like that, and I took a good look at The Vampire Tarot deck. Thanks for the link by the way! Well, I don't like it, I prefer The Gothic Tarot by Vargo, which I hope to get one day. I don't think people around me would have problems with me reading using this deck, I didn't get the love for dark stuff from the guy next door, and my friends are used to it. But I admit some people might have problems with it and it might proves to them that tarot is satanic or something. But then, I don't care about such people and their rigid opinions.

Tallarico

for wolfy

Wolfy,
I too love the Gothic Tarot!! I have already asked my sister to get it for me for Christmas!!!

wolfen045

Re; Vampire tarot

I have stated in other threads that this is my favorite deck. I think it is dark, but also sexy and fun. I like the minors ok, but it is the majors and the court cards that grab my attention. I like especially the King of cups, The emperor and the Magician. The Star is generally my favorite card in any deck amd I really do like the Star card in this deck. Blessings,wolfen

Inannadescends

Ooooooohhhhhhh! More Vampire Tarot lovers :cool: . I initially found this deck hard to work with then I just focused on the major arcana, the artwork is gorgeous and stimulating. I don't like the World card though. Nathalie Hertz has another lust after deck "Fantastical tarot". The world card is replaced with "The Universe". The card is stunning. I've considered taking that card and and slipping it into my Vampire deck.

galadrielsphial

I just ordered this deck from Barnes & Noble, and am eagerly awaiting their call that it is ready for me to pick up! I have been irresistably drawn to vampires since the age of six when I saw the 1931 version of Dracula on television. Now that I'm 22, the movie feels sort of dated to me, but since it made me fall in love with vampires I'll always have a soft spot for it. I have to admit that the sample cards posted on Aeclectic Tarot didn't really seize my interest, but I decided to take a chance, order it and hope for the best.

Well, once I saw the whole Vampire Tarot online I knew it was exactly "the one" deck for me that I've been looking for, and I'm so excited! I hope my Faeries Oracle doesn't feel like it's being replaced because I still love that one very dearly.

All Is One

Let Them Talk

I own both the FO and The Vampire and your post gave me an idea - don't know if I will do it, but since the FO is not a sweetness and light deck...and since the VT is not at all mean-spirited IMO...

Wouldn't it be interesting to put the decks away in a cupboard or somewhere - together?? They would probably have all sorts of things to talk about.

galadrielsphial

I got my Vampire Tarot deck yesterday (YAY!), and even after having it for less than 24 hours, I know for sure that it was worth every penny. Right now it is actually sitting next to my Faeries Oracle in my bedroom, and I hope they ARE talking to each other...I've no doubt that they have plenty of things to say.

All Is One

congratulations

Happy Vampire Tarot Week for you!

As for Innana's idea, does US Games actually replace any single card for free? (does anybody know?)

if so - you might be able to actually figure a way to slip in the FT card and apply a matching blood red striped back..

G- let me know anything that results from your two deck's collaboration...I had so much trouble with the Art Nouveau that I wrapped it up with a deck that is especially aggressive and dark, but has excellant correspondences for a month and still had to trade off the deck.

There are so many FO cards that would seem to feel especially comfy with the FT or the "people" in the VT...

So glad you love it. I wish Hertz would come out with a new tarot deck...

BTW: Which card do you use for yourself, if you do that? I usually use the Q of S,
although as a Scorpio I should use Q of Cups.