vanessa

PreciousFaith

Any one know a little about the vanessa tarot? This is a new deck and I am not sure how to connect with them yet. The cards seem a little stuck up but I am not sure if it is just me. I have only had them for 3 days. I like the cards they seem a bit childish tho. lady like I guess at times. hmmmmm anyone

Sar

Yoy will love this deck, it is one of my all time favorites. It reads like a dream.

GryffinSong

Well, I may be in the minority, but I'm not getting on with mine. I kept ALMOST buying it and one day caved in. The drawings are cute but I can't read with it for anything. It's really annoying me! LOL Now I'm dithering about whether to trade it away. It's still cute, and everyone says it reads well, so I keep thinking I should give it another chance. It just doesn't seem to sing for me. *shrug*

MareSaturni

I'm with you GryffinSong... I REALLY tried to love the Vanessa, but it just didn't speak to me. I had a problem with the ladies depicted in the cards, I couldn't relate to them all. I suppose I am not "hip" enough for this deck :laugh:. I thought the girls of the Vanessa were cute, and I liked how some of the tarot symbolism was rendered in this deck, but it was useless. I couldn't read with it, it simply didn't stimulate my mind.

I ended up trading it...

deb13b

I sold mine on eBay, I think. I thought it was unbelievably cute but I just couldn't connect with it. I loved looking at the cards but that's not enough.

Carla

Mine gives very sassy readings. :) I really like it.

PreciousFaith

Let me say! I have spent a little more time with the Vanessa tarot and it seems from all your answers she is a tad bit stuck up... LOL... BUT,,, I will say she has to get to know you before she starts a connection. A little different than my other decks. She definitely has her picks on who she talks to. Sassy for sure. We are starting to develop some sort of connection and the practice read I did on the exchange seemed to be on point for the most part. She seems to repeat herself a lot and I love that. even if you got it the first time she makes sure you know when you ask her the same question over again. I liked the art as soon as I seen but it seems a little silly sometime, that's OK because I am a little silly at times myself. I do think we will connect better thou. I am not to sure if we will have a long lasting relationship because they are better play mates for my 12 year old daughter. She has been around tarot all her life and she wants them so I Will teach her more and then hand them over. Vanessa tarot will most certainly stay in the family for a while Thanks everyone

CornissMagorniss

I am not to sure if we will have a long lasting relationship because they are better play mates for my 12 year old daughter. She has been around tarot all her life and she wants them so I Will teach her more and then hand them over. Vanessa tarot will most certainly stay in the family for a while

That sounds like a wise course of action for both of you. Tarot is an excellent means of oblique communication and bonding with adolescent daughters.

juju

This is my default deck now! I bought it in 2008 and only this year did I go back to my Goddess and Legends deck for a few readings! Something about this deck just connects with me - yes she is sassy and tells it to you straight which is exactly my style!