Vedic Astrology

NamasteIndia

Minderwiz said:
Thanks for the mythological background, which I found very helpful.

One thing that I'd like to ask you about, is that as I understand it Ketu (South) and Rahu (North) are the Moon's node. In later Hellenistic Astrology these are Cauda Draconis and Caput Draconis respectively - the tail and head of the dragon. So there is clearly a link between both Western and Vedic Astrology here (I'm not going to speculate on which direction the names travelled, that's a question that's beyond me).

My question here, is that these are points rather than planets in Western Astrology (and in fact too). Does Vedic Astrology see them as planets?

I can well understand the weakness of the Moon here. As eclipses occur when the New Moon or Full Moon is near the nodes (and thus very near the ecliptic).
Rahu and ketu are not planets
since they were slaughtered by Lord Vishnu as per mythology they just were body less so they became a head and wandering tail.

Rahu is called demons head and ketu is a Eunuch since its neither male nor female.

They are not considered planets just shadow energies which exisist and are always opposite to each other in a chart.

If rahu is in 4th house then ketu is in 10th house right opposite so they keep looking at each other and spoil energy of this house.

When they combine with planets they give odd results with moon they give eccentricity. with sun bad relationship with father, with mercury skin related problems, with saturn if in 3rd house then asthma and lungs problems.

if in 7th house of marriage rahu then horrible married life and combining with saturn then late marriage coupled with unhappy marriage

if with mars then divorce for sure.

Minderwiz

Thanks NamasteIndia.

In traditional Western Astrology both the Dragon's Head and the Dragon's Tail bring disruption and uncertainty - The Dragon's Head (North Node) does tend to work in a positive way, though it can be short term. The Dragon's Tail is disruptive and damaging to House, Sign and any planet that is in contact

dadsnook2000

Interesting . . . but . . .

Interesting . . . but I have found in my predictive work that the North Node relates to associations with groups, or those who can give something if they get something. Ebertin also found the Node relating to associations. I've also found in predictive charts that the Node can often substitute for the Moon if we have a situation where an angular Moon and the angular Node both occur in the same daily chart. Of course, I'm talking about a quite specialized system of astrology.

In this special approach, the MC-Solar Cycle methods, the Node is not seen as associated with disruption and uncertainty when angular in the chart. Dave

NamasteIndia

Minderwiz said:
Thanks NamasteIndia.

In traditional Western Astrology both the Dragon's Head and the Dragon's Tail bring disruption and uncertainty - The Dragon's Head (North Node) does tend to work in a positive way, though it can be short term. The Dragon's Tail is disruptive and damaging to House, Sign and any planet that is in contact
yes the north node does work in positive ways if it is with venus it gives excess of pleasure and seeks excess
I think in Donald Trump chart its in 11th house of sudden wealth, gains etc and its made him a millionaire
it gives excess wherever it sits....its good planet for stock market trading etc and in 11th house it gives gains
in 7th it gives trouble with spouse
in 1st house the person is more like demon headed