Website Tarot Reading Questions

aquanesha

Hello all,

I was just curious to know if anyone out there happened to use these sites for tarot readings and how accurate did they find them for themselves.

Thank you for your time, aquanesha

Hajo Banzhaf here

Osho Zen Tarot here

Llewellyn's Web Tarot here

Facade here

Thanks again for your answers

dandelion

Greetings aquanesha,

The only one in your list I have tried is the Llewellyn site. I tried it once a long time ago, but I found that it didn’t really speak to me. Unfortunately, I can't remember which deck or spread I selected for the reading there.

The only other place I’ve ever tried a free reading online is here:

Gaian Tarot Oracle

I used it once about five months ago, and found the reading to be incredibly powerful and quite helpful!

Perhaps I’ll try some of the others you’ve listed. ;)

Miren

Another place which does free readings, through REAL people is the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI). I think you can only ask for one per month, but you get some good stuff...and they ask you to make a donation to some charity. So I guess it's not free, but the money goes to really good place, and you can give what you can afford ($5, $15, $50...whatever).

I've used the Facade site on occasion and gotten some pretty decents ones. Most times I read for myself. Or I might offer an exchange on here.

mollymawk

I like some of the computer-reading sites just to look at different cards--façade often has lots of pretty packs I don't own, ditto Llewellyn.

It's a little hard to take the 'canned' readings seriously. So I usually go for the ones that will show the most cards from whatever packs I'm interested in looking at. Make any sense?

Whitestar

Hi aquanesha,

I didn't find Llewellyn's online tarot readings to be very accurate/applicable at all.

But I have gotten some interesting and accurate ones at facade.

Never tried the others.

Whitestar

Alta

This is the only one I use now, if I don't want to read for myself.

Gaian site

M

Edited to add: I missed dandelion's post first pass through. Okay, so that's two of us. :)

jmd

Tarot.com has computer generated readings, with the card descriptions written by Christine Payne-Towler.

Both free and paid spreads are available (with, my understanding is, a contribution coming back to Aeclectic if using the link I gave).

In my personal view, and irrespective of whether it also supports Aeclectic, Christine's descriptions are amongst the best I have seen for computer generated spreads.

Sulis

Miren said:
Another place which does free readings, through REAL people is the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI). I think you can only ask for one per month, but you get some good stuff...and they ask you to make a donation to some charity. So I guess it's not free, but the money goes to really good place, and you can give what you can afford ($5, $15, $50...whatever).

I've used the Facade site on occasion and gotten some pretty decents ones. Most times I read for myself. Or I might offer an exchange on here.

The readings from TABI are free.

You don't have to make a donation to charity.

From the TABI site:
None of our readers receive payment and this is a completely free service, but we would like to ask if people receiving readings from us would kindly think about making a donation to a charity in return for their reading. This isn't mandatory, but would be much appreciated by us at TABI, and of course the beneficiaries of your donation. Thank you.

Miren

Good point, Sulis. They definitely don't pressure you. The lady who did my reading never mentioned it or anything. It's something you choose whether or not to do.