Weird Jumpers

KMilliron

Just wondering if anyone has ever had jumpers that well jumped in weird ways? Like not even shuffling the cards, have you had jumpers fall out due to like a large table shaking crash from the neighboring apartment or something?

I was wondering cause I just had an oracle jumper. I was doing tarot readings over on a couch when I got it. Jumped out when my friends daughter knocked over my cards and grabbed one and handed it to me. Kid was trying to help me out. :D

amethyst57

i've had a few jump out with both decks, as i took the cards from their muslin bags...
what card was it that she handed you?

KMilliron

rockersgurl said:
i've had a few jump out with both decks, as i took the cards from their muslin bags...
what card was it that she handed you?
Insipiration. Haha, it was fitting.

amethyst57

it's weird how they sense your presence...my playing cards, my tarot, even my konxaris do that...at the ready to help....

Amanda

Yes. Picture this: Right-handed shuffling, backs of the decks face left in my hand. Doing the overhand shuffle. One card gets pulled up and and distracts me enough to quit shuffling and sits their face up flat on the other cards in the deck... sometimes it sits on top of the pile of cards in my left hand. Sometimes it wants to make a bigger statement and gets stuck flat and face-up in between the cards in my left hand and the cards in my right hand. I'm not a Magician, I don't know how to flip cards around with other cards in my hand. One just gets all fancy on me, does a 180 to face upwards and jams itself in a nice little presentation between the other cards in the deck, like it's something special. :D

KMilliron

Amanda_04 said:
Yes. Picture this: Right-handed shuffling, backs of the decks face left in my hand. Doing the overhand shuffle. One card gets pulled up and and distracts me enough to quit shuffling and sits their face up flat on the other cards in the deck... sometimes it sits on top of the pile of cards in my left hand. Sometimes it wants to make a bigger statement and gets stuck flat and face-up in between the cards in my left hand and the cards in my right hand. I'm not a Magician, I don't know how to flip cards around with other cards in my hand. One just gets all fancy on me, does a 180 to face upwards and jams itself in a nice little presentation between the other cards in the deck, like it's something special. :D
Sounds like a show off to me. Haha. The way you worded it made me think of the prince in Disney's Princess and the Frog.

Laura Borealis

I almost never get jumpers. :confused: Maybe it's because of the way I shuffle. I cup my hands over the two stacks in such a way that they'd have to be really acrobatic cards to jump out.

KMilliron

laura_borealis said:
I almost never get jumpers. :confused: Maybe it's because of the way I shuffle. I cup my hands over the two stacks in such a way that they'd have to be really acrobatic cards to jump out.
I rarely get jumpers either. The only jumpers I get is when my five year old brother grabs the cards so he can play, or when my friend's 14 month old daughter decides she wants to help me out. Gotta lvoe kids. :D

kisou

Haha I get jumpers but more often than not, I get annoyed by them. Not because of what they're trying to tell me, but because it usually involves me having to get up and go after them after they've jumped under the desk!

nisaba

I was "talking" to Gregory via a stream of PMs abotu somethign that concerned her greatly a year or so ago, and I had my Cary Yale Visconti near to hand. I didn't touch it. The "Hope" card slid out of the middle of the deck. It turned out to tell her what she needed to know, in light of later events.

Tarot is correct even when you don't do a reading.

<grin>