What comes to mind when you see this combo?

Libra289

EMPRESS + MOON+ 2 OF CUPS as the outcome of a love reading...

(Empress is mothering and nurturing, the goddess of love. The moon can mean illusions, not seeing this as they are...something being hidden. 2 of Cups is a connection/union between two lovers or friends, or any partnership for that matter).

Just throw words at me, anything that comes to mind!

ravenest

I would rush out, buy some flowers and ingredients for an exotic Moroccan meal, some candles, clean the cabin and invite her around for dinner :)

Padma

I would have thought both parties were under the impression that they were "the one" for each other (Empress, Moon) and that it would therefore lead to a union (2 Cups).

Libra289

I would rush out, buy some flowers and ingredients for an exotic Moroccan meal, some candles, clean the cabin and invite her around for dinner :)

I would have thought both parties were under the impression that they were "the one" for each other (Empress, Moon) and that it would therefore lead to a union (2 Cups).

Ooo interesting, so lots of passion?

Padma

Since the Empress is very sensual and earthy, and the moon is the feminine principle - as well as activities that take place at night, and the two of Cups can often mean sex as much as anything else in the union department, I would say yes :)

ravenest

Not 'passion' so much with those cards (maybe if others cards indicated that in the reading)

I see a certain dreamy soft quality here ... perhaps more 'post-orgasmic' type of energy... but the Empress still holds power and centre... but with 'grace' - she isn't like the Princess of Cups, being swept along by the tide with no anchoring point.

violet_crown

EMPRESS + MOON+ 2 OF CUPS as the outcome of a love reading...

(Empress is mothering and nurturing, the goddess of love. The moon can mean illusions, not seeing this as they are...something being hidden. 2 of Cups is a connection/union between two lovers or friends, or any partnership for that matter).

Just throw words at me, anything that comes to mind!

My sense based on the Empress+Moon is that the attraction is based on nurturing and a feeling of unconditional love that you feel with this person. The combination also suggests the feeling that anything is possible when you're with them as the Empress is a creative midwife and the fantastical aspects of the Moon.

There's an implication because of the 2oC as the final card, though, that this is a relatively new relationship. That you two are still getting to know each other, and while there's definitely the potential to actualize the positive qualities of the relationship to keep in mind that the feelings are still in their "honeymoon" phase. This goes back to the Neptunian energy of the Moon card. Neptune always tells the Truth--the beauty that you see and the love that you feel when you are with this person IS real--but he doesn't always deal with the Reality of the situation. When people talk about deception as it relates to Neptune, it's more to do with mistaking one for the other, and feeling disappointed when this beautiful potential fails to manifest. It's not typically intentional deceit as it can be a sin of omission, or the little half-truths that we tell ourselves and each other to perpetuate the cocoon of good feeling.

The presence of the earthy Empress card, however, appropriately carries within it advice on how to navigate the situation: let things unfold organically, and things will take their course as they should. The beauty can be real if you just take it slow, stay grounded and allow the natural progression of things while still remaining true to the desires embodied by the Moon. Two's in tarot are pure in their expression, but they don't make any promises regarding happily ever after (that's more of a 10oC thing). So take it slow and enjoy the beginning to something new and potentially very lovely for yourself. :)

Libra289

Not 'passion' so much with those cards (maybe if others cards indicated that in the reading)

I see a certain dreamy soft quality here ... perhaps more 'post-orgasmic' type of energy... but the Empress still holds power and centre... but with 'grace' - she isn't like the Princess of Cups, being swept along by the tide with no anchoring point.

So this combo would suggest that it's highly likely that something will transpire romantically? But it'll be more grounded due to The Empress?

My sense based on the Empress+Moon is that the attraction is based on nurturing and a feeling of unconditional love that you feel with this person. The combination also suggests the feeling that anything is possible when you're with them as the Empress is a creative midwife and the fantastical aspects of the Moon.

There's an implication because of the 2oC as the final card, though, that this is a relatively new relationship. That you two are still getting to know each other, and while there's definitely the potential to actualize the positive qualities of the relationship to keep in mind that the feelings are still in their "honeymoon" phase. This goes back to the Neptunian energy of the Moon card. Neptune always tells the Truth--the beauty that you see and the love that you feel when you are with this person IS real--but he doesn't always deal with the Reality of the situation. When people talk about deception as it relates to Neptune, it's more to do with mistaking one for the other, and feeling disappointed when this beautiful potential fails to manifest. It's not typically intentional deceit as it can be a sin of omission, or the little half-truths that we tell ourselves and each other to perpetuate the cocoon of good feeling.

The presence of the earthy Empress card, however, appropriately carries within it advice on how to navigate the situation: let things unfold organically, and things will take their course as they should. The beauty can be real if you just take it slow, stay grounded and allow the natural progression of things while still remaining true to the desires embodied by the Moon. Two's in tarot are pure in their expression, but they don't make any promises regarding happily ever after (that's more of a 10oC thing). So take it slow and enjoy the beginning to something new and potentially very lovely for yourself. :)

So it's not exactly suggesting deception? :)

Padma

Don't forget that the Moon card also represents deeply held emotions! Deception is just a part of it, and it largely depends on the cards surrounding it. With Empress and 2 C, I think it really gives a feel of emotional pull, not a negative feeling of deception.

I believe both Ravenest and Violet Crown made some really valid points :)

violet_crown

So it's not exactly suggesting deception? :)

It's validating your present emotional experience, as well as the potential for a new romance.

At the same time, it's also pointing out that there's some fantasy element at play here as you're still getting to know this other person. It's not necessarily telling you you're being lied to on any front, but just gently cautioning against the potential of turning a blind eye to reality to hold onto the good feels of the honeymoon period.

Just make sure you're if you get involved with the other person, you love them as much for who they are as NOW as the POTENTIAL them you occasionally sense when you're together with them.

If you can love the real as much as the ideal, the presence of the Empress suggests you have a shot at having both, ultimately. You just need to be patient and stick with the natural unfoldment of things to get there.