What if your deck is sending you a message?

Grizabella

We all share common experiences. Humans share more similarities than differences. Just about any reading we do for someone else will contain aspects of similar experiences and feelings. That doesn't mean the cards are aimed at us instead of the sitter. It just means humans share common feelings and experiences. Therefore, if you ask Tarot a question your sitter posed, chances are overwhelmingly good that you've experienced something similar. That doesn't mean the cards are talking to you, though.

When we read, taking a moment or two to go into "reader mode" by taking a deep breath and putting our own self-centered focus to sleep so that our sitter-focus can step in and take over will remove any confusion we have about who the answers in the cards are for.

On a similar note, if we see that the cards advise something that wasn't the course of action that worked for us, we need to go ahead and give the sitter that information. What worked for us may be totally the opposite of what the sitter needs to do to learn the life lessons they incarnated to learn.

Girl Archer

Didn't mean it to be creepy...though I guess it kind of is, in a way! And although the cards are just paper, they lead you to meet with an open part of your mind - and also to I am not sure what! The Gods of Tarot? ;)

Tarot Gods... now there is an interesting concept :grin: They may be just paper but I do believe they carry the artist's energy or vibes so they do crackle with something. Some decks fall flat, no chemistry at all. Some just have an instant zing, like my Tarot of Sweet Twilight. I regretted buying and very nearly cancelled it but amazon told me that it was too late to cancel, and a good thing I didn't because it was one of the very first "Love at first read" decks for me. And our affair stands strong even today =)

I really hope my deck is trying to send me messages otherwise there would be no point...lol!

Okay back to the discussion. I often find the people I read for have strong parallels to my own life, but usually only in one area and not necessarily what they are asking about specifically. I usually only discover this after I've read for them and something comes up on the conversation. But its common that I will interpret a card in a new way spontaneously for the other person, they tell it me it really resonates and then I realise later I'd been having trouble with that card/combo myself and yes this new interp is relevant for me also.

As Padma says.....the tarot Gods work in mysterious ways and one way they do that is by sending us sitters who need a message we also need to hear. We wouldnt get that message for ourselves, but can easily find it for someone else and then hearing it come out of our own mouths, its like an epiphany.

Exactly, SwordofTruth! :thumbsup: About alternate explanations, I think that's the way to go.I will go look at that spread again and see if there is something that varies by a degree but will make all the difference. Then it might resonate more with my friend. Great tip, thanks!

Girl Archer

We all share common experiences. Humans share more similarities than differences. Just about any reading we do for someone else will contain aspects of similar experiences and feelings. That doesn't mean the cards are aimed at us instead of the sitter. It just means humans share common feelings and experiences. Therefore, if you ask Tarot a question your sitter posed, chances are overwhelmingly good that you've experienced something similar. That doesn't mean the cards are talking to you, though.

When we read, taking a moment or two to go into "reader mode" by taking a deep breath and putting our own self-centered focus to sleep so that our sitter-focus can step in and take over will remove any confusion we have about who the answers in the cards are for.

On a similar note, if we see that the cards advise something that wasn't the course of action that worked for us, we need to go ahead and give the sitter that information. What worked for us may be totally the opposite of what the sitter needs to do to learn the life lessons they incarnated to learn.

Hi Grizabella, thanks for replying. That is certainly true but I did wonder about the odds of the same cards showing up for both of us. Similar would have been fine, but same? Especially since we are very different people in rather different situations presently. I will try doing that next time, putting my self centric focus to sleep and then reading for someone else. Oh btw, your shuffling method works great! :thumbsup: