what is a homosexual card ?

firemaiden

I think looking to assign fixed meanings to cards like "this one means gay' and "this one means straight" is over-the-top simplistic and offensive to the art of reading tarot.

Aulruna

@ArcanoMáximo:

Sorry for apparently not making myself clear.

I've come across a lot of misconceptions about homosexuality, often because being gay meant being "in the closet", whereas nowadays this is often only an issue between people in relationships - whether my neighbor is gay or het is on a similar level with the make of car he drives. So, more gay rights means accepting a gay lifestyle as something common and rightful, and thus less likely to be an issue in readings. It also means many people have the opportunity to see that gay comes in a lot of flavours - which makes it difficult to connect one specific card with it (the Devil in my experience usually comes up in relationships that are violent, non-consensual or overly addictive, non of which has to mean homosexual.)

Of course the Tarot is a means of obtaining information, and it's a matter of personal ethics which of those information are divulged to the querent. For a PI, it is perfectly normal to follow people around. I see myself in a different position, but as I said, this is a matter of personal style - and of course the querent has a right to be told beforehand which kind of information a reader is or isn't willing to share.

To give an example, if a woman came to me wondering why she has trouble with her climax, that would be fine to explore with the help of the cards. If someone asked me about the secret desires of the girl next door, I'd happily give the money back.

I hope I was clearer now.

ArcanoMáximo

of course, i'll give it back too!!!
Thanks by clear it!
And i'm also with you refering to your case of The Devil.
I'm saying about to have some cards, with some special spread, question and contexts. But to me is important to have some fixed meanings to the cards too, as Rachel Pollack says, it may be just one meaning vibrating, or all of them together...
I'm always fascinated for all the diferents ways in which we can see and take the art of to read the Tarot.
But what to me refers, in my years working with Tarot i've arrived to the conclusion that some times Tarot says just what it says, simply.
Thanks again :) !