What Is Your "Go-To" Deck?

Rhinemaiden

Alchemical (3rd edition)

BirchTreeNymph

My Llewellyn. It's the only one that just tells me a story without making me wonder for hours if I've got it right. I'm on the novice end (reading for only a few years, not decades like some of you) but that deck makes me feel like a pro.

Zezina

Morgan-Greer Tarot - US Games edition 1979

Cocobird55

My Victorian Romantic is still my go-to deck. The Wild Green Chagallian is a close second. I look at the cards, and I immediately understand what they are trying to say to me. I use and study other decks as well, but those two are my favorite reading decks.

MysticalMoose

I have a collection of go-to decks.. Covering all sorts of moods and needs. They include: DruidCraft, Wheel of The Year, Legacy Of The Divine, Bohemian Gothic, Deirdre Of The Sorrows, Llewellyn, Tarot of Trees and my unexpected love and constant companion for some weird reason.. The Psychic Tarot

olivia1

My Morgan Greer

sapienza

Thoth and Ancient Italian are probably my go-to decks. There are lots of others I love, but these two, and particularly the Thoth, are ones that I can always return to and rely on.

Myrrha

For instant clarity, Morgan Greer. I don't know why I just always 'get' what it's saying, easily. It used to be Druidcraft, but I find that all the 'Celtic Pagan' stuff muddies the water for me a bit at times. I don't want to have to remember the whole story of Gwion and the witch to get to the point...sometimes, I just want the point!

Yes I find that this is also true of astrology, kabbalah, fairy tales, just about any overlay. A more basic RWS deck will just get to the point.

My "go to" is more of a reading method than a deck. I use several different reading methods and decks but for just about any question of importance I tend to use Robert Place's "relationship" reading method with some RWS based deck.

Kangiska

For me, it is the Druid Craft Tarot