What is your power / totem animal?

Nickigirl

This thread is wonderful and very interesting, thank you all for sharing whatever you were able to! You inspired me to meditate and spend some time focusing on and requesting that my animal guide present itself to me. I thought it would take a while but 3 times yesterday my guide showed herself. The first was a sign I saw on my morning commute, and I saw my guide in the image at first glance but upon looking it was the shapes on the billboard that resembled her and not a graphic of the animal. Then about 5 minutes later 1 saw a billboard with the animal on it, and that evening someone I have very rarely even interacted with showed me a YouTube video of the same animal! Also, this morning I looked for the 2nd billboard that depicted the animals and couldn't find it!
So, I've taken the hint and started research into the animal and right away I can see which areas of my life she is guiding me to enhance and work on. Some of her most significant and obvious features are very unlike the person I am right now and I know that she wants to encourage me to grow in those areas. I doubt then, that she will always be with me, but she is welcome to come whenever I need her particular help and energy.
I won't say what the animal is but I don't feel any problem with sharing my experience in finding her. All thanks to you guys! Thank you!

spinnachie

I too am inspired to find my spirit/totem animal after reading this thread lol

I have always wanted to but my divination always has to be put on hold for one reason or another...
There is a book that was recommended to me called "Animal Speak" I can't remember who it's by but apparently it's very good if you're interested in learning more about spirit animals...
I haven't purchased it yet but I think after reading this thread I may have to ;)

celticnoodle

That blog sounds like a great resource to start with! I love reading spiritual things as well, I almost never read fiction anymore. If you have any recommendations or favourite books too, I'd love to check them out! I continue to be amazed at how there's so much to learn, no matter how far we've come on our journeys.

I love that everything seems to come back to meditation in so many ways. All practices seem to require focus and detachment, and you can't progress very far without that.

I am sorry it took me so long--and I don't even have many books to recommend to you at this point, but I have a few that are fantastic.

First of all, I think Ted Andrews is HANDS DOWN the author to read about the Totem Animals. I do have this book of his:Animal Speak: The Spiritual & Magical Powers of Creatures Great and Small

he (Ted Andrews) actually has many books on various spiritual subjects, and I also have this book of his, that I also like: "the Healers Manual".

Sandra Ingerman is another great author on Shamanic Books--and I have a few of her books. Some that I can give you the title of right now are:

"Shamanic Journeying: A Beginners Guide".
Awakening to the Spirit World
Walking in Light
Speaking with Nature: Awakening to the Deep Wisdom of the Earth

I have many books by Alberto Villoldo. I absolutely LOVE his books and highly recommend him and Sandra Ingerman and Ted Andrews as well.

I know I have other books by other authors, but most of them must be at our other home.
But, these 3 authors write well and their books are fantastic. I'll try to come up with more later.

yannie

Well, not long before this I got up to use the bathroom, & there was a HUGE tropical swallowtail moth in the kitchen! It's a rare thing. Started flying all over the place as soon as I switched on the light. It was NOT attracted to the light! I was fascinated by its wings, but couldn't help freaking out when it started flying at me. If only it would stay still so I could admire those wings!

Local folklore says that this is a dead grandparent visiting. Oh I don't know...

zayats

Since we're on that topic and speaking recommendations, I'd also want to drop a few suggestions. I really enjoy listening to Gerry Starnes on youtube speaking about shamanism. He is very clear and practical. I've also come across some lectures by Hachumak - very few, unfortunately, but the information is well worth the listen.

And recently I bought "Animal Speak" - quite detailed and enlightening. Definitely recommended to anyone who's interested in the subject of animal medicine.

Calayvie

This thread is wonderful and very interesting, thank you all for sharing whatever you were able to! You inspired me to meditate and spend some time focusing on and requesting that my animal guide present itself to me. I thought it would take a while but 3 times yesterday my guide showed herself. The first was a sign I saw on my morning commute, and I saw my guide in the image at first glance but upon looking it was the shapes on the billboard that resembled her and not a graphic of the animal. Then about 5 minutes later 1 saw a billboard with the animal on it, and that evening someone I have very rarely even interacted with showed me a YouTube video of the same animal! Also, this morning I looked for the 2nd billboard that depicted the animals and couldn't find it!
So, I've taken the hint and started research into the animal and right away I can see which areas of my life she is guiding me to enhance and work on. Some of her most significant and obvious features are very unlike the person I am right now and I know that she wants to encourage me to grow in those areas. I doubt then, that she will always be with me, but she is welcome to come whenever I need her particular help and energy.
I won't say what the animal is but I don't feel any problem with sharing my experience in finding her. All thanks to you guys! Thank you!
That's cool! What an awesome experience! And you were open and ready to receive the guidance and it came!
That's so inspiring!
I wish you lots of wonderful experiences and wisdom gained with the guidance of your spirit animal!
It will be a great journey! [emoji4]

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

Saskia

Anyone know about foxes as a totem animal?

This is something new that has started to interest me only recently. If we go with what animals I see, I've seen butterflies as prints and pictures everywhere. They pop out to me from surprising corners and I've also just realised that the most recent shirt and scarf I bought have butterfly prints on them. However, I take this to mean I'm currently undergoing a transformation and butterflies herald that more than being a totem animal.

I haven't been able to see any animals in meditation, even though I normally see vivid and vibrant visions, like videos. However, I feel affinity for foxes. Coincidentally, once I had my hair done and the supposedly blond highlights turned out fox-fur colour by accident and I loved it :) Anybody has any more knowledge about a fox as a totem animal? I've read it's about wits and intelligent, but I don't connect with the associated slyness or deceptiveness at all.

Nickigirl

It was very cool! And is! I'm still researching the animal 😊 I wonder how you know when it is done guiding you?

yannie

It was very cool! And is! I'm still researching the animal 😊 I wonder how you know when it is done guiding you?

For me, the animal just stops showing up. There was a time I kept hearing and noticing orioles. Now that's stopped, & I am in a new phase of my journey.

yannie

Out of curiosity, I youtubed shamanic drumming to find out what it's like. Clicked on the first result & JAYSUS I could feel my spirit guides rise up. I think they love it. & my base chakra activated. & I thought they only respond to Buddhist chants.

The drumming sounds rather similar to Chinese lion & dragon dance drumming actually...