What sort of exercise can I take up?

pandap

This is one card out of a nine card spread, called the "Feeling Grinchy Spread". It's another fun spread to help learn about myself and the cards generally.

In the position of "what sort of exercise can I take up?" I drew the Tower reversed. Yep, the Tower reversed. I've been racking my brains, but can't think what sort of exercise the Tower reversed would pertain to. I'm also looking at it as upright, but I still can't think of anything sensible. The only thing I can come up with is bungy jumping (yeah, that's not going to happen ... ) or sky diving (which I have done previously and loved, but it's not something I can afford to do on a regular basis!).

Has anybody got any outside the box thoughts about what this card could be referring to? It would have to be something "normal" that I could do on a regular basis and afford.

I forgot to mention, I'm using Rider Waite. :)

nisaba

The Tower is falling down. Reversed, it's building up. So ... bricklaying. In a gym, that would be weightlifting, since bricks are heavy and a bricklayer has to lift them. There are even bricks shown in the card, usually. :angel:

Make yourself a really classy double-brick garden shed. Or take up weights.

pandap

The Tower is falling down. Reversed, it's building up. So ... bricklaying. In a gym, that would be weightlifting, since bricks are heavy and a bricklayer has to lift them. There are even bricks shown in the card, usually. :angel:

Make yourself a really classy double-brick garden shed. Or take up weights.

That's an awesome suggestion, thanks nisaba. I stared and stared and this card, but couldn't see it.

Guess I'll get lifting ... :bugeyed:

think

Downward dog. Yoga?

think

Or what about something that has you falling down? Like karate or something. Ice skating? If you're new to it.

Absynthe

I'd say this meanings nothing boot-campy. No hard and fast exercise regimes like intense cardio sessions or hitting the gym for 3 months with specific goals. It says to me that something more along the lines of a regular routine, a foundation to your life rather than a short term measure.

Tower is about doing things in a crashing hurry and no foundation is stable in it's wake. So the reverse of that would be a long term physical hobby that becomes part of the foundation of your life. Something enjoyable (who enjoys the Tower experience?) gentle that you can stick with longterm. The antithesis of the Tower type experiences.

pandap

Downward dog. Yoga?

Or what about something that has you falling down? Like karate or something. Ice skating? If you're new to it.

Thanks think, good suggestions. I actually have been thinking about Yoga for awhile, but I can't afford any actual lessons at the present time. I was contemplating doing some googling to find out if there's anything I can start on my own.

Funnily enough, I used to do both karate and ice skating. My partner and I were thinking about joining a martial arts class, but to be honest, I think at my age, I may be a bit past it!

tarot_quest

Hi Pandap,

Could it be that you are resisting the process to find a new sport? I mean, could it indicate that deep down, you resist about the idea to exercise, for some reasons?

Just my take ;)

pandap

I'd say this meanings nothing boot-campy. No hard and fast exercise regimes like intense cardio sessions or hitting the gym for 3 months with specific goals. It says to me that something more along the lines of a regular routine, a foundation to your life rather than a short term measure.

Tower is about doing things in a crashing hurry and no foundation is stable in it's wake. So the reverse of that would be a long term physical hobby that becomes part of the foundation of your life. Something enjoyable (who enjoys the Tower experience?) gentle that you can stick with longterm. The antithesis of the Tower type experiences.

I'm loving everyone's takes on question/card. I'm currently having plenty of "doh" moments because I was unable to see any of these solutions myself!

I think you could be exactly right. Thanks so much Abysnthe.

pandap

Hi Pandap,

Could it be that you are resisting the process to find a new sport? I mean, could it indicate that deep down, you resist about the idea to exercise, for some reasons?

Just my take ;)

Yes, I agree with this too. I absolute hate exercising, so this is very valid. It's very difficult to find something that I enjoy and would stick too, that motivates me sufficiently.