What's in the Chest?

ana luisa

I keep seeing it on the right hand size to the back of the chest. A metal contraption with three legs, something like a tripod, perhaps with rubber at their ends. I have no idea what it may be used for, perhaps to hold things up straight. That or a hanger. But I keep getting a strong METAL impression.

Amanda

Some good guesses so far!

We are a little over the halfway point of Round 1, and here is how the leaderboard is looking:

ana luisa ~ 7 pts.

Obsydian ~ 6 pts.

celestial ~ 5 pts. +3

UrbanBramble ~ 5 pts.

Goddessofthehunter ~ 5 pts. +2

celticnoodle ~ 4 pts.

stone_lotus ~ 4 pts.

claire1805 ~ 3 pts.

danieljuk ~ 3 pts.

Mycroft ~ 2 pts.

zannamarie ~ 2 pts.

Of course, I cannot reveal where these points are hitting! :D However, I selected the top three hits from the entries, and they were given either a 1 (low), 2 (mid), or 3 (high) in terms of exactness. Four people have gotten a score of 3 on one of their descriptions. :D

Feel free to keep at it to raise your points!

Round One is now over! :)

Mycroft

I immediately got the impression of a skull with a pair of hands on it, so I'm going for one of those antique phrenology busts, where you practiced learning to read the bumps on people's heads.

Fowler_Bust_5_1024x1024.jpg

I've know realised that the two hands on the skull represent someone brushing their teeth, using ...

2012_0330_3515457.jpg

An Evel Knievel battery powered Skycycle toothbrush!!

UrbanBramble

OK so first an image of.. oh it's so hard to describe things when you don't know their name... it's made out of metallic rainbowish colored thin pieces of... the same stuff pinwheels are made of, it's cut in a pattern so different bits come out when it turns and it's kind of an optical illusion... the color and shape appears to change as it turns. It hangs up from a string. They are usually droplet or star shaped.

Sensations: strong sensation in my hands. It makes me want to sing. Emotion - light, giddy, happy... kind of a nervous happy rush. Feeling between my shoulder blades.

Next image: a gold nugget, but then the wrapping comes off (again metallic, this time gold) and it's chocolate inside.

Next image: one of those wind up toys, that's a little monkey that bangs cymbals together.

Also an image of a rolling pin, the handles are painted red and move freely from the middle part, which is just a light colored wood.

Amanda

Okay, I'm using oracle cards this time and have a person receiving a heart, this heart is healing and has caused the person to open up and accept love, so it could be a promise ring or engagement ring, or any token of love, really. Heck, it could even be something heart-shaped. I think I'll settle on a ruby ring just to be extra specific. ;)

After seeing the tote board, I'll amend my guess to say a necklace, rather than a ring, and it has three metal rings or three chains. The pendant may be heart shaped, and I'm still going with a red, reddish or pink stone or ceramic piece. So that's half divination, half amalgamation. lol

And, yes, "game show host whose name I cannot remember," that's my final answer. :D

Who is... Alex Trebek :D

ETA: :laugh: Or maybe it's that lady whose name is Meredith something-or-other where you can phone a friend. This is how well I know my game shows. LOL

GotH

Can I jump in here? I see a ring box (might be white velvet) holding a ring. Marquise cuts?

Your wedding or engagement ring?

I get the feeling this has something to do with 3s. There is 3 to something in this. I almost get a souvenir feeling to this from like a cruise ship or some place you traveled to. I feel amusement park like Disney. Maybe something a child would really like. Loot! Definitely something showy, sparkly and complicated.

Maybe something even a little creepy, skinny and old. I see a hand.

I'm also feeling "Pirates of the Caribbean."

Something you would dive for..

danieljuk

just got in before the deadline! I think it's crystal or gem stones. I saw like sparkling but also clear and see through like quartz or amethyst. So my guess is precious stones or gems, I think not coloured, clear and sparkling. oooh Diamonds, no less polished I think! :)

celticnoodle

EEK! A FAST GAME! I nearly missed it!

Okay, a bit rushed, but I think that it is a divination tool--perhaps a crystal pendant that can be used to divine with. I think the crystal has some metal around it as well.

pretty chest, btw! :)

Amanda

I immediately got the impression of a skull with a pair of hands on it, so I'm going for one of those antique phrenology busts, where you practiced learning to read the bumps on people's heads.

Fowler_Bust_5_1024x1024.jpg

I've know realised that the two hands on the skull represent someone brushing their teeth, using ...

2012_0330_3515457.jpg

An Evel Knievel battery powered Skycycle toothbrush!!

:laugh:

I'm wondering, do you know about when or where the phrenology bust/stuff came about? I've heard of it before, but seems like it must not be real popular...?

Amanda

just got in before the deadline! I think it's crystal or gem stones. I saw like sparkling but also clear and see through like quartz or amethyst. So my guess is precious stones or gems, I think not coloured, clear and sparkling. oooh Diamonds, no less polished I think! :)

Is there such a thing as clear amethyst? I was only aware of the purple-colored kind...