Which card do you find the hardest to connect to?

Jes

Are there one or two cards in most decks that you just find difficult to connect with? For me it's the moon card.
Possibly because in tarot of the old path it's called illusion (I learnt on this deck) I just always have to think really hard if this card Comes up. I have just never fully got it.

What's your one or two cards like this?

NikkiB

Two and three of wands being to siniler. Men standing with sticks grrrr

Le Fanu

Moon? Oh wow.. my favourite card; everything I love about life, the soul and subconscious urges is in that card.

For me it is Judgement. I'm sorry, but there really is so little of modern life in this card. The most you can hope for is a useable meaning which probably bears no relation to the image itself.

One of the reasons I love the Thoth is that it doesn't have a Judgement card. Aeon is much more relevant, I think, to modern life, to the modern conscience.

But if a deck has an angel with a trumpet I know I'm going to have to avert my eyes and just think of something learnt by rote.

Sinduction

Temperance. I hate that card. Oh, and the Wheel.

cardlady22

Nine of Cups just irks my soul. And it ticks me off because the meaning is supposed to be this Wonderful Thing, right?. :rolleyes:

KMilliron

cardlady22 said:
Nine of Cups just irks my soul. And it ticks me off because the meaning is supposed to be this Wonderful Thing, right?. :rolleyes:
Seems haughty to me. I see where you're coming from.

Linh

Sinduction said:
Temperance. I hate that card. Oh, and the Wheel.

I agree. I never know what to tell my sitters when Temperance shows up. I always end up confusing them by saying something along the line of "you have to balance out. I mean as in balance out the extremes" and then they would probably give me the confused look haha :D

papercutbliss

Temperance... and yes, the similarity between Two and Three of Wands perturbs me sometimes, but I tend to look at the Two as "vision" and the Three as having "acted" on said vision and seeing what comes of it.

KMilliron

papercutbliss said:
Temperance... and yes, the similarity between Two and Three of Wands perturbs me sometimes, but I tend to look at the Two as "vision" and the Three as having "acted" on said vision and seeing what comes of it.
I see the two as "OMG THIS WILL BE AWESOME! I'ma do this, and see this and go over to this place!"
The three is (in my head) more "Well that place was epic. Just gotta kill time waiting for the boat to the next place"

If that makes sense. :D

papercutbliss

KMilliron said:
I see the two as "OMG THIS WILL BE AWESOME! I'ma do this, and see this and go over to this place!"
The three is (in my head) more "Well that place was epic. Just gotta kill time waiting for the boat to the next place"

If that makes sense. :D

Your rendition was much more exciting haha :).