WHICH decks would you like...SUPERSIZED?

greatdane

I know we talk about pocket decks, but what decks have so much detail, you would really like LARGER to better see that detail?

I was thinking the Maroon, Shadowscapes are two that would benefit from a larger size as some of the detail is so small.

Granted, it would be harder for me to shuffle a supersized deck, but at least I could more easily see the minute details.

delizt

certainly the Shadowscapes for me, it's so lovely but I just can't SEE a thing in the actual printed deck...

also the Paulina comes to mind

journeyinghome

Shadowscapes definitely!! Les Tarots Celtiques (the Laura Tuan one) too! :)

(Great idea for a thread, GD!)

Anise

I would love [almost] all of my decks supersized. Symbol-dense decks for study, and pretty art decks would be fun and impactful to lay out for a sitter.

In particular, I would've loved the Rosetta in large, but as the artist did the paintings card-sized, maybe that isn't an option?

Also Thoth! I would tack it up on my wall next to my giant RWS.

And I've wanted a Golden Universal for awhile, but never purchased. I would probably pull the trigger if LoS came out with a GIANT Golden Universal.

Disa

All of them!

I like larger cards to spread out on my coffee table at home. My eyes aren't getting any better as we go.

greatdane

I hear you all and Disa, oh so true...

While I can read without any glasses, I can't see small details even a couple feet away on my reading table. And even if one has perfect vision, some details in a deck can be SO small and if they're on a smallish card...especially with large borders...well.....

I am glad there is the GIANT Rider Waite. Don't have, but may get one day. But really, how many really LARGE decks are out there?

Dee Ell

For me it's not that the CARDS need to be supersized, just that the actual art needs to be larger on the card and the superfluous borders need to be cut way down (or out) like with the Crystal Tarot (Trevisan).

I'd love that deck but won't buy it till they reissue it without those huge borders. Trimming it will just shrink it to a tiny size and not do the gorgeous art any justice!

greatdane

And there is that, Dee Ell....

Some decks do have a lot of minute detail and even if they're borderless, the image just can't be bigger because it may be on a poker size tarot card.

But yes, details missed because HUGE borders prevent the image from being larger....baaah!

Wolfdance

Completely agree with Shadowscapes. I got rid of mine because I couldn't see the detail well enough.

Also Ancestral Path. Aging eyes are awful.