who's your type?

isthmus nekoi

Just a general question to those perusing Astrology: do you find you attract or are attracted to certain astrological signatures? How do these match up w/your own chart?

In terms of signs, I generally get on very well w/charts heavy in air signs. Air abilities (good conversation, detached, analytical mind set etc) are almost a prerequisite w/me. I too am pretty air heavy. Maybe this will change in the future. I'm coming out of the ivory tower and generally, the students in the programs I associate w/ (engineering, life sciences, philosophy or any program heavy in theory) are very air dominant. For a warmer connection however, planets in Cancer, esp sun (I'm a Cappy sun) also shows up a lot. I don't have anything in Cancer myself but the best, most significant relationships I've had are w/airy Crab ppl.

As for planets, I find I like ppl w/strong Saturns. I've a very active natal Saturn.

Finally, being a 12th house sun, any 12th house action also makes for a less tangible but definite connection. Sometimes I think only 12th house ppl can "get" each other.

DeLani

I tend to gravitate towards fire signs...Must be the sexy, masculine way fire expresses itself!

paradoxx

I get along best with fire and air signs. Water signs are a toss up, but damn are they loyal. so are the earth signs, once they start to trust you. I guess i deal with fire and air best because they don't want to follow, but if they are too demanding in the leadership role, then it doesn't work out. Mars in virgos are cool, but its hard to keep up with their working nature.

lunakasha

Most of the people I have become closest with in my life have been Earth signs, like me....Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo. Two of my brothers--whom I am very close to--are Water signs....and one of my best friends is a Sagittarius, which is Fire....

Guess I get along with pretty much everyone!!! :D

:) Luna

lunalafey

I have Capricorn & Virgo heavy in my chart.
I get surrounded by Earth signs.
I find myself working with Virgos (my rising) on side projects to make money. I also have this thing with Capricorn mates (my sun, moon, merc)- I had two boys with one and a girl with another- then found another Cap, who was extra special, born 5 days after me, we were near carbon copies astrologically. And now, I have another Capricorn!
When I first came to these mountains, the mountain I lived on had more than 50% Capricorns (out of just 20 people!)- one with the same day as me.
I find that my most understanding and always there, even when we never see eachother friends are Cancers.

amyel

Like Ithamus, I am a Cappy sun who gravitates to air signs, followed about neck and neck with Earth or Fire signs. I usually do not establish close bonds with water people....too emotional, I guess.

Now I must 'fess up that apart from Earth, Air is predominate in my chart - air rising (Libra) and air moon (Aquarius) and so traditional charts showing who does and does not make a good match for Cappy's are very wrong for me.....I have zero water in my chart (probably why I don't appreciate it) and a bit of fire...especially in my career sector (no big surprise to those who know me well)......

purple_scorp

I'm a scorp (1st house), libra rising and aries moon. I am one of four daughters that grew up in a small house. One scorp (me) and three librans (one on scorp cusp). I get along the best with the sister who is also aries moon.

Throughout my life, my best friends seem to have been Arians. I think it's got to do with having the sun in the 1st house and being bossy (oh I mean, being a leader). I like those organised arians that make things happen :)

Oh, and I seem to have a soul/spiritual connection with a handful of those fishy people....um...pisceans.

Most books that I've read have said my ideal match is a Cancerian. My son is a Cancerian and I feel I am very similar to him, or him to me. Even numerologically, his day number is my year number, and my day number is his year number.

Cheers

purple_scorp

Pipkin

Types

Scorpios, scorpios and scorpios. Born to scorpio parents, soul-level connection to a scorpio man who also brought about (unbeknown to him) some strong associations to my father (passed). I have a close scorpio friend, father of my child to be is scorpio.

Can I explain this...well I do have pluto in the 1st house which goes some way. I also came across a theory which makes some sense to me personally and may go against what traditional astrology may dictate. I have no water placements in my chart but a strong fire presence. Traditional says the missing element could be something we need to learn, well emotion was in me the day I was born (not normally associated with an airy aquarian). An astrology site I came across suggested a theory that perhaps that element was already strongly developed in the past and therefore no longer needed (as it's there already) that resonates with me because in this lifetime assertiveness and boundaries is something I have had to develop and learn (the fire presence???).

I've noticed a leaning to leo presence too (person's ascendant or sun sign) and a pattern of venus and/or mars in libra too. These aren't patterns that would jump out at you from my chart, but I think with uranus in libra in my chart anyone with venus in libra in the right degree could spark the love fuse :)

eastarot

Hello Isthmus:)

Gemini Sun, Cancer Ascendant, Virgo Moon here....maybe the absense of Fire makes me run from the Fiery types. 2 of my buddies are Aries and Leo and when they fight they really explode.

I like water signs, I find them gentler in spirit and enjoy the intellectual compatibility of fellow Air signs.

blessings:)