Why Lenormands?

LaLaBella

I have decided that this thread needs to be renamed "The Lenormand Enabling Thread." I've been following it and am now obsessed with owning a Lenormand deck.

greatdane

lol LaLaBella

Well, Why Lenormands? does help enable as it seems a lot of TarotFolk like them.

GryffinSong

One great advantage for those of us who are budget-challenged is that many lenormand decks are only $7 or $8!!! :)

LaLaBella

It is a less expensive hobby. Especially since there seems to be considerably fewer Lenormand decks out there. They also appear to complement tarot reading systems quite nicely.

I am beginning to think it is much too easy to tailor Tarot interpretation to what you want to hear as opposed to what you need to hear. Lenormand kind of cuts through that and it's kind of what I need right now.

Emily

Also they are small and very portable. Lenormand books don't take up much space either, I only have the two in English, I've seen quite a few in French though.

The only drawback is for such a small number of cards they do take a bit of getting used to, so many different combinations and you do need to use a system with them to use them fully. Well I do anyway, LOL or I can't make sense of them. :)

Richard

......I am beginning to think it is much too easy to tailor Tarot interpretation to what you want to hear as opposed to what you need to hear. Lenormand kind of cuts through that and it's kind of what I need right now.
I use the Marseille Tarot, and there is a huge amount of latitude in interpreting those notorious minors. This can be a disadvantage as well as an advantage. Inevitably, a Tarot reading sometimes may be quite vague and indeterminate. The Lenormand is very refreshing in that it tends to cut right to the chase. It can be good therapy for Tarot readers. :)

DownUnderNZer

The Lenormand can answer questions directly especially if those questions are phrased properly. As there are usually only 36 cards it makes it simple, easy to use and they are not a big deck to shuffle. In addition, I find the LENORMAND are not really as NEGATIVE as the TAROT can be nor need to have reversal or upright cards. Out of the entire deck maybe 7 cards lean towards NEGATIVE and a few maybe this way or that, but compared to how "brutal" the TAROT can be...depending on the deck I spose...the LENORMAND are less dark.

I love the LENORMAND....

Confession: Have been trying TAROT again recently too and must say the NEGATIVITY is a bit of a concern with certain cards, but it has been an interesting experience overall as I never knew about ELEMENTS, so that is something I want to look more into as I think it LESSENS how NEGATIVE the TAROT cards can be yet gives a good insight into what influences what, how and why. :)

Richard

Well, Why Lenormands? does help enable as it seems a lot of TarotFolk like them. Being new to them, I was wondering why peeps liked them so much, not that they aren't lovely, at least many I've seen, but why readers will use them instead of or with tarot decks. It's been very informative.
It's an interesting thread. Here are a couple of my personal reasons for liking this oracle.

Among the plethora of oracles, the Lenormands have a rigid structure, and that appeals to the mindset of many Tarot folk, including me. Also, the images depict more or less ordinary scenes in the real (usually nineteenth century) world: no angels in the sky tooting horns or skeletons riding horses or devils standing on pedestals, etc. Thus Lenormands can be read without involving any suspension of disbelief whatsoever. It's relaxing and can be a bit habit forming.

Rhinemaiden

I like Lenormands for a quick, one card draw, daily reading. Simple, straight to the point. The draw for today was: 6 clouds - King Clubs. Today I will strive to FOCUS on the tasks at hand, not be sidetracked by cloudy thinking or daydreaming. I have three Lenormand decks - a Blue Owl with verses, Pixie's Hidden Lenormand and Melissa's Postmark Lenormand. The Postmark deck is the one I use daily.