WIP - Tarot of Ker-Ys

DraagonStorm

Well, my last deck was a fun deck 'The Wanna Be Tarot', now it is time to start work on a serious deck.

I so love mermaids, but I didn't want to do just another mermaid deck. What came to mine was the Lost City of Atlantis, but again, that's been done... So, I started looking around and came upon the Legend of Ys. I've heard of Ys before, but more in a just passing in conversation kind of thing, in a couple of fantasy type books. Wikipedia has a small write up about Ys http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys

Like any author/artist I'm going to be playing a little lite and loose with interpretation (artist license ya'know :) ). The deck will be following the standard RWS tarot. My media is 3d art using DAZ|Studio and Photoshop.

Here are the first three. The Fool, The Magician and The High Priestess.

What do you think? All comments welcome!

Attachments

• 00.gif
    00.gif
    245.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 01.gif
    01.gif
    204.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 02.gif
    02.gif
    231.2 KB · Views: 137

annabubble

I like the cards, but, to me, they don't really interpret Ys. I must admit I hadn't heard of Ys before I read your post, but after reading the Wikipedia article, I just don't think it relates well.

I do however like the cards, particularly what I presume is The Fool (the girl on the wave?) although that is the one I don't see how it fits into the story. Or maybe I'm trying to make your Tarot the story when it's not supposed to be?

I do think the High Priestess is perfect, however. Just to be awkward ;)

Anyway I think I've rambled on enough and there's my opinion :)

DraagonStorm

Like I said, I'll be playing lite and loose. I'm more going on the Sunken City part of the legend. After the destruction of Ys.

Thank you for the comments.

Lillie

Is it poser you are using?

Every time I try I just get an arm stuck through a stomach and the feet all tangled up.
Can't do a thing with it. It drives me mad.

You are really good with it!
The cards are beautiful.

I think I first came across Ys in the Lyonesse books. If I remember right.

DraagonStorm

I use DAZ|Studio (it's free). I have poser but just don't care for it. Why not give DAZ|Studio a try. http://www.daz3d.com

I seem to remember Ys mentioned in The Mist of Avalon, or one of her books that was tied into that book.

Thank you, I've been working with DAZ now for a year... In fact the 8th was my year anniversary of downloading DAZ.

Lillie

That download is so slow!

It's going to take an hour to do 80 odd MB

Which is weird cos I had to update my AVG and it took 2 minutes to do 40 odd MB earlier today....

Well, assuming I stick the hour I hope I can figure out to work the thing.

I shall have your cards to inspire me!

Lillie

Dammit.

It won't install right.

I can't move the figure at all.

*Sigh*

I shall leave it to you to do wonderful things with this program....
I don't think it likes me.

Dean

Draagonstorm i like the images you have done by Daz3d they look very realistic, like Lillie i too have AVG and was trying to download the Daz3d link but its very slow going.

Dean

I was finally able to download this programme and it is quite clever, it was something that i have been looking for it's very usefull in creating and adding different backdrops of images too your own artwork, thanks again for the link. :)

Lillie

You can make it work?????

I couldn't make it work!

And I have got rid of AVG.
They made me upgrade and I hated the new one.