Worst card

sarahava

Three of swords is also on my worst list. So is the 8 of cups. I know the 8 of cups is about moving on, but I don't like the thought of leaving something behind in order to do that, and it's always how that card has appeared to me. I also don't care much for the magician. Sometimes it's not so bad, other times I just feel like he's a sweet-talking salesman, possibly representing someone who's trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

I guess I don't necessarily think these are the "worst" cards, but they are the ones that sometimes make me uneasy, or make me cringe and say "Oh, great!" in a very sarcastic tone.

feticeira

It?s strange, I actually get happy when Death or Tower appear, I?ve always thought both cards come up because of great necessity to clean up whatever it is, pick yourself up and start over. I feel more confident when I see these cards, for example when I?m doing a reading about something that bothers me, a bad situation or such, if these cards come up it?s instant hope for me. They tell me my problem will go away, I just need some courage. Death is my second favorite card, after Strength.
Now on the cards I really don?t like: Empress (don?t know why, everyone loves her, I think I?m missing a lot of understanding of this card), 7 of cups (all those vain illusions! they swallow up the man, he?s a shadow).
I?m also not too keen on Hanged Man, Magician, 5 of swords, 2 of swords, 8 of cups.

rennfahrer

miss_yuko wrote:Really? Which book do you have?

There is no bad card - the Hanged Man, in a spiritual question, is a good card. But overall, it means stagnation, inertia...sometimes, illusion (ie. when the person insists too much in a situation that isn't right). The man has his legs tied and cannot touch the ground...a hopeless situation. All he can do is to trust a greater power (the reason why this is a good spiritual card). And i disagree with you - it does not indicate the start of a something good and new. The Hanged Man starts the what we call 'the path of suffering', which is the path the fool goes through in order to learn from his mistakes and evolve.

I've never seen anyone potraying this as such a good card. It's not the end of the world, but definitely not the best of the pack.

~Yuko

The book I have came with my aquarian deck, it's called "Psychic Tarot" By Craigh Jungjulas.

The meaning it gives for the hanged man is as follows:

A major change, transition, radjustment to new ideas and condtions-ultimately for the good. Intuition, psychic awarenewss, and spiritual wisdom as the outcome of releasing past patterns and continuing one's growth. Denotes inner peace, inspiration, faith, and noble sacrifices.

That sounds all very good to me.

Amandajane

For me personally I always get a chill down my back when The Tower comes up.

Free Flight

10 swords and Knight/King Swords (reversed or not) they both remind/represent me of someone who gives me the heebyjeebies.

Tower and Death dont worry me too much...all about positive change

sagitarian

After reading some of the other posts, and thinking about it, I don't like 6 of swords, it always seems depressing to me. Like, there was no other option but to "flee" and your held in this (what feels like) an endless position of trying to hold on to hope, yet you can only go so far, not truly beliving that you can "make it", but trying for all that it's worth regardless.

Another card I feel is a "bad" card is (I think) 5 of pentacles...in the rider waite/universal waite deck, there's one man with a cast on his leg (?), the other with bandages around his head, and their limping together (or is it one man, sorry, my kids ruined this deck, so I had to throw it out, so I'm having a hard time truly remembering what this card looks like). He/they are usually outside in what looks like the middle of winter in front of a stained glass window, wounded and limping. This card just indicates pure raw ill physical health, and bad mental outlooks on life. Another very depressing, "nothing good can come out of this" type of card. Just illness and suffering on the physical plane, which effects our emotional and spiritual self.

AngelDancer

3 of swords and 5 of pentacles are both quite depressing on their own. i used to feel that 10 of swords was the worst but i don't any more. it comes up quite a lot when i read for myself and i'm still alive :eek:).

xxAD

Fudugazi

There is no bad card: only bad reactions to a card. All cards, in and of themselves, are neutral. But our fears and desires project "worst" and "best".

Let's take one example: if you live inside a Tower and lock all doors and bar all windows, you will in all likelihood be pained by it being struck by lightning: but you will also be freed. Are you going to cling to your walls, or enjoy the fresh air and learn to live as a free person? If someone has hidden your treasure there, and you cannot reach it - the crack opened will allow you to do so. Will you bury it, put it to work or share it?

All cards carry spiritual messages in them - messages that have been told for centuries, to help us live and die well.

Al Si'ra

Hmm...I just don't like the 7 of cups-Hanged Man-7 of pents-4 of cups,8 of cups (all,in some specific situations though)...I just don't like the "confusion&stillness" thus the cards indicating a period of confusion irritates me a bit..

Amandajane

I think personally why I dislike The Tower is I am not one that likes change even though I know it is often necessary.I do not to come out of my comfort zone but I am slowly doing just that.