Would love your opinion on weird premonition dream!

Chronata

This didn't happen to me, but to my mother...she just told me about it today, and I thought it was weird enough, that even I don't know what to think.

Mom's always been a little psychic, but hasn't had anything happen like this before...

She dreamed the other night that someone was breaking into her garage, so in the dream, she went outside and confronted the perpetrator...a balding man in a big green van.

She asked him what he was doing there, and told him she was going to call the police...his response was
"yeah, go ahead and call them lady."

So she did, and looked out the window to see them talking to the man...(there were a few discrepancies, as in most dreams...the house was a little different, and she had an extra dog...things like that.)

Two days later, she was throwing out the garbage, and in the alley near her garage, a green van pulls up and stops for a moment. The driver...a balding man exactly like in her dream...looks her in the eye, then drives off.

I had goosebumps when she told me...because really...how coincidental is that?

I figured maybe...in real life...this guy was up to no good, and she should be on her guard if she sees him again...
but I really don't know what to think...any ideas?

Melisandre

This didn't happen to me, but to my mother...she just told me about it today, and I thought it was weird enough, that even I don't know what to think.

Mom's always been a little psychic, but hasn't had anything happen like this before...

She dreamed the other night that someone was breaking into her garage, so in the dream, she went outside and confronted the perpetrator...a balding man in a big green van.

She asked him what he was doing there, and told him she was going to call the police...his response was
"yeah, go ahead and call them lady."

So she did, and looked out the window to see them talking to the man...(there were a few discrepancies, as in most dreams...the house was a little different, and she had an extra dog...things like that.)

Two days later, she was throwing out the garbage, and in the alley near her garage, a green van pulls up and stops for a moment. The driver...a balding man exactly like in her dream...looks her in the eye, then drives off.

I had goosebumps when she told me...because really...how coincidental is that?

I figured maybe...in real life...this guy was up to no good, and she should be on her guard if she sees him again...
but I really don't know what to think...any ideas?

Hmmm. Is there any chance this guy might have been in the neighborhood before? Maybe your mom noticed him offhand and he resurfaced again through her subconscious in dream. What kind of a vibe did she get from him when she saw him in real life?

Either way, you say your mom has had psychic experiences before - I'd say she should trust her gut on this. If she sees him again, just be on guard, it's possible he's casing the neighborhood.

Milfoil

This seems to be showing your Mum something important in that there is a very real threat and giving her the information she needs to safeguard herself. In the dream the man tells her to go ahead, call the police and perhaps that is what she needs to do. Tell them she has seen this guy hanging around the neighbourhood, give a detailed description of the man and his van with any distinguishing marks, license plate etc and let them do their job.

She doesn't have to tell the police about the dream, but logging the call may alert them to a known thief now operating in the area.

Chronata

Thank you Melisandre and Milfoil!

I also, like you Mel, thought that maybe my mother was projecting...or misremembering the face in the dream, and attributed it to the man in real life...and she is one normally fearful person, so she remembers everyone in the neighborhood!

I think You are both correct...this man may be up to no good, and the dream was a warning to my Mom to be extra careful!

Thanks guys!

N1ghts0ng

chronata - has anything happened since the dream and then seeing the man a few days later?

i could have been a warning. she may have avoided the incident because when she saw him in "real" life, he noticed that she recognized him, so he didn't follow through on any acts of vandalism and such.

if he's still hanging around in the neighborhood, perhaps she should call the police and let them know that she's noticed a green van hanging out that doesnt' belong to any of the people living around there. at least that way it's documented, should anything (heaven forbid) happen to any residences in the area.