yay for summer?

Starbreeze

Maybe I'm absolutely insane, but I've noticed something. My interest in tarot imitates my interest in spirituality and psychic abilities (yes, that makes sense to me), but my interest is strong in the summer months and lasts through most of autumn, but is nearly nonexistent by winter. Interest may have been the wrong word in the last sentence, but I guess I also mean the feeling of being able to read cards or the feeling of connected-ness.

Do the seasons affect anyone else in a similar manner? Am I just insane?

Grizabella

I seem to have about an equal interest year-round but if any time is greater for me, I think it might be winter because I have to stay indoors more.

Morwenna

I don't think seasons affect my interest in Tarot in general (when I take long breaks, it's often due to other circumstances, or to general run-downedness), but they do affect my choices of decks. In the fall and winter, I want more cuddly decks, more warmth, more indoor atmosphere, or anything that makes me feel nostalgic. In the spring and summer, once the weather starts warming up, I go for the wide-open-spaces decks, or the up-in-the-cosmos-feeling decks.

It all has to do with weather. I'm a chilly-willy most of the time, but I also hate summer heat-with-humidity. So anything that fosters the way I want to feel physically gets precedence.

Le Fanu

I always associate tarot more with winter, though we have more of a social life in the summer, barbequeues in the garden and requests for reading; out on a terrace reading with the Etruscan Tarot and drinking sangria... so summery...

But generally, when winter is a-coming, I'm like "goodie! Which dark deck can I use!"

WonderGuy

Mmmm... Sangria.. What were we talking about???
Anyway, I totally understand, But my tarot interest tends to lean toward the Fall... Halloween??
;)

nisaba

With me, the interest is pretty well all year round.

When I saw the thread's title, I was going to post some rueful reference to my frozen fingers and the number of layers I'm currently wearing - indoors.

I hate the cold, but I get sick in the heat. I get about three good weeks twice a year. The rest of the time, Tarot keeps me sane.

CelestialHorse

I'd think it depends on your energy levels maybe? I notice in the winter months I feel sluggish, kind of down and not wanting to do much? It could be that :) Plus your moods impact the cards a bit. I'd say you could have more energy and wanting to do a lot more in the summer :) I'd feel the same way. I noticed myself I am using the cards a bit more than I do in the winter a little bit. But hey, I have mild depression so it gets a bit worst in the winter :p lol.

Libra8ca

I have not noticed any correlation between the seasons and my interest in tarot. I'm afraid I'm hooked 24/7, 365 days a year :D If I had to correlate a season with tarot then it would be fall /Halloween. I just love the atmosphere around that time of year and find it makes it even easier to connect with the cards.

CelestialHorse

LOL I am kinda like that but depends on my mood-my moods tend to be a little lower in the winter D:

Faolainn Storm

My interest absolutely disappears in summer. But that is because I HATE the heat, and it can be so hot here that it is impossible to think, let alone move. And laying out cards in that sort of weather is pointless.

So now we are hitting winter my interest is rising again.

FS