Your Altar

Glass Owl

That is amazing. I hope sometime at night you take a pic when lights show :)).

Once I get the lights restrung I think that would be a great idea. The Buddha shelf is right above my deck collection.

greatdane

After seeing your altars, my altar/mantle looks pretty small, Glass Owl!

The black chair that looks out of place is my dog's. I move it around so he can sit by me :)

Attachments

• 20131123_144710.jpg
    20131123_144710.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 133

Glass Owl

Oh, I love how simple it is. The peacock feather is a nice touch.

By the way, the angles in room really add to its charm. It is a nice place for an altar, I think.

greatdane

Thank you, Glass Owl

Now you know I am truly the Crone in the Attic :)). I have angles in every room in the attic. It's a large, very tall home and it's like living in a treehouse. I have a skylight in the kitchen and a shelf to the side of it that isn't exactly an altar, but I keep cards from friends there, so in a way, I guess it is.

BodhiSeed

I'm having one of "those days" after a sleepless night, then I came to this thread. Neemia's Altoid altars :) and Glass Owl's and Greatdane's lovely bookshelf and mantle altars turned my mood around. Thank you ladies!:heart:

greatdane

What a lovely thing to say, BodhiSeed

Thank you! I am happy you liked my mantle.

nisaba

When Lutestring and I went to see the Crowley exhibition in Sydney, the Altar was both more elaborate and more chaotic than that. :)

Me, I tend to sprout little Altars or shrines everywhere. I have three or four detectable ones in the living-room, two in my bedroom, two in the front room, one on the front doorstep, one on the garden table, and an attempt at one in the back yard. You could even mount a reasonable argument for the theory that the top of the hot water service in the bathroom also constitutes an Altar of sorts.

This seems to be the minimum I can get away with, as I live alone. Remind me to take pics when I get home. :)

ravenest

My fav one at the moment is the mermaid one now behind the fish tank ... she looks like she is in the water with the plants rocks and fish ... now, sunlight is flickering through the trees and making light beams down through the water and onto her ... v.cool :)

nisaba

With Commander Jack as Her High Priest!