Your favourite decks to shuffle

the_surfacer

I sat down on the sofa with my new first edition Tarot of Prague, figuring I'd take some time to shuffle it while my husband played his new Wii. So I shuffled, and shuffled, and shuffled ... and suddenly forty-five minutes had passed, and I was still shuffling, and very definitely in my Happy Place.

This deck feels like a dream in my hands; the cards slide easily against each other like ribbons. I have never felt such joy in the mere act of shuffling. (If the shuffling is so great, it kinda gives me a little tingle imagining what reading with them will be like! I will take quieter time tonight for that.)

So which decks do you feel like you can shuffle for hours?

Silverlyn

Maroon Tarot!

I SO cannot wait to get the rest of this deck, but so far, I think this shuffles niiiiice....it's sooo quiet, thick cardstock, yet glossy...love shuffling it!:)

Silverlyn

afrosaxon

The Women's Tarot is rather easy to shuffle, particularly for a deck of that size (larger cards, about the size of the RWS deck with the blue plaid card backs). The card stock may also make a difference, as the stock is thinner than my New Orleans Voodoo deck (which is smaller), and the cards are very glossy.

I also love shuffling my Dolphin Divination deck. The cards are so small and circular, that they just slide around in your hand. I have to make myself stop and draw cards...I slide into a Zen state, kinda like if you were spinning those Chinese medicine balls around in your hand. :D
T.

.traveller.

The Grail Tarot. It's the perfect size for my hands and they just feel right.

thorhammer

MerryDay - just the right size, and I know I've got another coming so I don't have to be super-careful (I want to get this one all worn in :))

Tarot of the 1001 Nights - older LS printing, softer slightly thicker cardstock than new ones, just gorgeous to shuffle. It's got just the right amount of softness when the cards slide against one another that I never get jumpers and it's just lovely.

But I've still not found the perfect shuffling deck. Too small, card too thin, black borders, too slippery, too long so they bend the wrong bloody way . . . you know. You all know. :)

\m/ Kat

Grizabella

I love to shuffle the Magic Realist Press decks. They're really wonderful. They make shuffling other decks kind of feel like shuffling floor tiles.

HearthCricket

The Halloween Tarot, Hudes, Tarot of Dreams (satin version), Gilded, Russian St. Petersburg and MRP decks, especially the Bohemian Cats, 2nd Edition and Bohemian Gothic. Most of these either fit my hand nicely or have a soothing touch to them...not too slippery, not flimsy.

morticia monroe

I also got a first edition Tarot of Prague (for Christmas) along with a few other decks. And, like you, I discovered that this was a dream to shuffle. I have a few other MRP decks and I LOVE them all, but the Tarot of Prague is a bit more stiff than the others,,just right.

Little Hare

The Fey by Lo Scarabeo, I can literally shuffle that one and go into a meditative state for hours

Muir Aingeal

Oh my gosh! I just love shuffling my Deirdre Of The Sorrows deck, it is so soft and earthy as it is printed on linen paper. It is definately my favorite to shuffle!!