Your Tarot Year - Calculations

GoddessArtemis

I'm trying to figure out my tarot year..just had a birthday.

I'm confused; added one way, I get: (March 7, 2006)

3+7+2006=18 -The Moon

OR

3+7+8(2006)=18 -The Moon, again

OR

3+7+2+0+0+6=18 -The Moon

OR

3+7=10+2006=2016=9 -The Hermit

...so which is it?

What's the real way to calculate this?

GA

Alta

In my understanding, your first method is correct.

Barbaras Ahajusts

Not birth year?

I thought it was the birthyear? Yikes!
Mine is 1 + 14 +2006= 23?

Now what do I do?
I'm a Ace of Wands? LOL...(I do hope my inexperience isn't showing real bad! tee hee!)

Barbara

Unknownspirit

Take 23 and change it to 2+3=5
Your year card is 5 ~ The Hierophant

Barbaras Ahajusts

Oh thank you! I forgot about breaking it down!

Barbara

Rusty Neon

GoddessArtemis said:
I'm confused; added one way, I get: (March 7, 2006)

3+7+8(2006)=18 -The Moon, again

Personal Year (based on current year)

This is the method for calculation of Personal Year was used by Florence Campbell, the numerologist who started from the sparse works of Mrs. L. Dow Balliett and wrote the 1931 classic that popularized modern numerology.

It would also be the way that Kevin Quinn Avery, another leading numerologist suggests.

Life Path Number (based on year of birth)

On the other hand, suppose the year of birth was 2006 and you wanted to calculated the Life Path Number.

There is no one single "correct" way to calculate the Life Path Number. There is no consensus among numerologists how to calculate it. In fact, the decoz numerology software program allows the user to choose from among three options for calculating.

3+7=10+2006=2016=9 -The Hermit

3 + 7 + 2006 = 2016 = 9

While Campbell would calculate the Life Path Number in the same way as the Personal Year Number, Avery thought that by __not__ doing intermediate reductions for calculating the Life Path Number (and the Life Cycles as well), more of the raw numerological data remains for the purposes of calculating master numbers and karmic numbers.

GoddessArtemis

So is the general concensus that I'm in my Moon year? Or are some of you saying Hermit?

Still confused...and if it is my Moon year...sounds pretty crazy to me!

GA

Alta

You would be in a Moon year, from the way I, and many includng Pollock, calculate it. That would be interesting, do not think I am scheduled for one of those, ever.

GoddessArtemis

Marion, you're saying that you will never get a Moon year? How can you skip that? And is a Moon year even a good thing? I mean, the moon card has SOME positive aspects but isn't it generally about confusion, seeking direction (and feeling lost!), deception/being deceived, feeling all murky in the brain, and generally foggy in life? I was really hoping for a better year...

GA

starrystarrynight

How I see and do it, and which makes sense to me is:

3 + 7 + 2006 = 2016 = 9 - Hermit year

Then, next year, you would be:

3 + 7 + 2007 = 2017 = 10 - Fortune

That way, you essentially move as the journey of the Fool moves, one step
at at time forward throughout the Major Arcana, and you would never skip any steps or trumps.