Opinions on channelled readings?

pouter

I received some emails recently since the passing of one pop star and I was asked if I wanted a channelling. I blocked the emails it said the lady had 15,000 feedback. I was disturbed by it all and junked it.
I wondered if other's felt like that. I felt like it was a scam for cash. I hope I dont offend, but it seemed like amoney making thing. I noticed it on ebay too it's suddenly all the rage to channel this pop star.I don't like it imo.

Aerin

I don't like it either.

My instincts tell me that it is people cashing in.

Aerin

pouter

That's what I thought so I binned it. I just felt if someone was talking to me spiritually I would want to keep it private if they were that well known. I felt I would be breaking the spirits trust. I would only pass the info on if it was majorly important and the spirit was harassing me to do so then I would let the person know.
I know people are vulnerable and I admit even I found it intriguing.

moderndayruth

pouter said:
I received some emails recently since the passing of one pop star and I was asked if I wanted a channelling. I blocked the emails it said the lady had 15,000 feedback. I was disturbed by it all and junked it.
I wondered if other's felt like that. I felt like it was a scam for cash. I hope I dont offend, but it seemed like amoney making thing. I noticed it on ebay too it's suddenly all the rage to channel this pop star.I don't like it imo.

I haven't received these emails, but if i did - i would have done exactly what you did - i would have blocked the sender.

tartanwolf

Thats very sad. Not only do they create a bad name for channellers, they abuse the death of a great pop star. Shameful. Good job I believe in karma.

pouter

They must have got my email from a website I joined upto for free horoscopes. I would post the link but it makes me feel sick. Yes I agree it does give channelers a bad name. This is just my opinion though.

Grizabella

I'd have done just what you did. People like that give us all a bad name.

ilweran

I heard of one woman who claims her spirit guide is the lyricist from the Manic Street Preachers who disappeared 14 years ago. He probably is dead, but no body has ever been found so it seems particularly insensitive to his family.

pouter

I like the Manics that is really insensitive.

Simsy

I agree with this statement

tartanwolf said:
Thats very sad. Not only do they create a bad name for channellers,they abuse the death of a great pop star

I agree with you tartan wolf. I have worked with automatic writing/channeling for awhile and this is something that cannot be trifled with and all this talk of people channelling a certain music star has me a trifled disturbed in ways you have no idea..

Simsy