Ever Regret Getting a Reading?

greatdane

Ever receive a message that you got from someone reading for you or a reading you did for yourself that you wished you HADN'T have? I know no one wants to find out negative things, but has there ever been a reading where afterwards you thought, I wished I DIDN'T find that out? While I know meanings don't necessarily mean something WILL happen, just possible outcomes, I'm wondering how many times any of you wished you didn't find out something from a reading. I'm talking about you personally, not readings you did for others.

GD

Baroli

No, because with every reading good, bad or indifferent, there is a lesson to be learned. You can always find the lesson if you look for it, so no, I have never regretted getting a reading. If I did,...Oi Vey I would be a basket case or at least crazy,...hmmmmm :rolleyes: crazy is looking interesting,....})

shadowdancer

I think I can turn this around a little and say I did a reading (one card draw) for myself which I so wish I had paid more attention to.

It was the 9 of swords and I see that as something that could come out of blue and really knock you for 6.

I pushed it to one side in my mind. End result?? I was the victim of a bag snatch in Brussels and the knock on effect was dynamic. We had just started the first leg of our emigration to NZ, and in the bag we had passports, visas, birth certificates, cash, camera, lap top (which ironically had scans of all our main paperwork just in case we lost something).

We had to go back to the UK the next day and get everything replaced. For 24 hours I could not prove who I was. Driving licences were also in the bag. We had to cancel a two legs of the trip in the US and it was incredibly costly as well as being upsetting.

COuld things have been different if I had the card at the forefront of my mind? In hindsight, I think so. I would have been aware something could come out of the blue and would have been less laid back and more alert to what was around me at that railway station.

I know I should have paid heed now. I did a reading for a lady years ago when I was starting. this card came up for her in June, some months away. She told me later she was at the airport and had a bag snatch with pass port in. It happened in June.

I guess it doesn't quite answer, but I think it highlights something important. If you don't like what you see it is not always appropriate to ignore it or push it to the back of the mind. By acknowledging it and dealing with it, heartache can be avoided.

Davina

Manda

Nope. :)

I assume that I am given the information for specific reasons, even if I do not understand them, and I also assume that if I am not meant to know something, it will never come out in a reading.

greatdane

Thanks, Baroli and ....Shadow...WOW!

Really interesting, Shadow. I didn't think about turning it around the other way and am so glad you brought up.

I am rather hypersensitive to some things, don't mean I am a jumpy sort :), not at all, but I pick up on things. Some of my senses are pretty acute (for example, I've had my hearing tested and at 59, hear like someone in their early twenties, I'm like a bat (ok, an OLD BAT :). In hindsight, perhaps that may be one of the reasons tarot appealed to me. Your talking about listening to what the cards (and your feelings regarding them) tell you, made me think of this.

I really liked your sharing how had you been feeling more aware and paid more heed to the reading, the mishap might have been avoided. That's one of the reason I'm so drawn to tarot, to tune into my senses even more and make more sense of what they may be telling me. Thank you for bringing that to my attention!

Thanks a bunch for your story, Shadow (but sorry about the whole bag snatch thing, WHAT a drag that must have been!).

GD

greatdane

Interesting, Manda

So you believe a reading will only tell you what you may be ready to hear or know? Please clarify because I find that, especially as a newbie, intriguing.

GD

Manda

greatdane said:
So you believe a reading will only tell you what you may be ready to hear or know? Please clarify because I find that, especially as a newbie, intriguing.

GD

Haha! I never said ready. :D :D :D

I have been told things many times I might not have thought I was ready for, but I have found my path easier and my burdens lighter when I don't fuss at the Big Guy. :)

I meant that I have absolute faith that I am given the information I am through reading with purpose and because Someone Out There thinks I should have it. I also have complete faith that nothing S-O-T doesn't want me to know comes through. I find this very comforting.

If you are asking my advice, I would say cultivate confidence in yourself, and trust that you get what you are meant to, as well as your future sitters. :love:

greatdane

Thanks for the clarification, Manda!

Didn't mean to try to put words in your mouth, was just trying to get clear in my head exactly what you meant (I am like that, I am all into making sure I understand someone because I would much rather have someone understand what I am saying and disagree, then not understand my meaning, and agree, if that makes sense).

That was a lovely way you explained it and I thank you so much for your thoughts.

This is such a warm, comforting place even with all the different opinions (or perhaps because of) and I'm so happy I found. I can't believe I haven't even been here a month, it feels like home :)

GD

Manda

greatdane said:
Didn't mean to try to put words in your mouth, was just trying to get clear in my head exactly what you meant (I am like that, I am all into making sure I understand someone because I would much rather have someone understand what I am saying and disagree, then not understand my meaning, and agree, if that makes sense).

That was a lovely way you explained it and I thank you so much for your thoughts.

This is such a warm, comforting place even with all the different opinions (or perhaps because of) and I'm so happy I found. I can't believe I haven't even been here a month, it feels like home :)

GD

I didn't feel any foreign words thrust in my mouth at all, now worries. :) And I totally get what you are saying.

I am so happy you like it here! I think we'll keep you. :love:

greatdane

AWWWW, Thanks, Manda!

Thanks for the warm fuzzies! I appreciate it a lot. I ask a lot of questions, because sometimes for me the question is more important because then I get all kinds of answers and perspectives, which I just love.

GD