The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

DellArtista

Is this an alright place to ask a bit of a technical question that I feel quite silly for not knowing the answer to...? I did a few searches of keywords on this thread & didn't seem to find it brought up yet for blogger. If this is too unrelated to the topic at hand please let me know & I will delete... *still an unsure newbie at heart*!

I really have been wanting to comment on so many of the great readings on your blogs, and seem to remember not too long ago blogger used to have an option where you could comment pretty much anonymously -- without a link to any user account. But it seems now like you have to reply using one of your accounts through google or the various blogging sites, etc etc...

Is there a way to bypass that which I'm somehow missing to comment without it linking back to an account profile on one of those sites? Or do I have to give in & get a new account on one of the sites for it?

Thanks much & my reading for my 2nd week should be up in the next 24 hours... loving reading the blogs & will be commenting as soon as I get the above question sorted out! *embarrassed smiley here*!

souljourney

Dell... it has to do with the way we have set up our individual blogs. Most people want to know who is commenting. It keeps away the "trolls" usually. I believe it was Promise who got one of those nasty people.
Most of the time we have the "anonymous" or "anybody" off, and also on mine and several others we approve the comments before they appear on our blogs.
Just sign up for a blogger account... it's super easy.

cherylleebest

my post got moved - it was something like this:

Hi
I made a post a few days ago but I think I must have put it in the wrong thread because it got moved. Anyway, I've been drawing some very "in yer face" and potent cards recently and have been having quite an emotionally challenging time. I'm pleased to have drawn yet another resonant card, but this time an upliflting one for the circumstances. I've put the conetext and reading on the website.

I'm learning a lot from your websites, thanks for sharing. I hope you aren't too dismissive of my comments - I do feel hesitant about writing sometimes 'cos I don't have any great insights to offer, but it's all part of learning and growing isn't it?
(cue blushing smiley)

swimming in tarot

smiley use

Okay, DellArtista and cheryllee have both cued smileys of certain sorts, which reminds me that many of you use them in your posts. I have just now discovered that to get them in the text and not in the title bar, you have to use keyboard code. For instance, toothy smiley is colon capital D . That does rather beg the question of how to portray the other ones, like the light bulb, and so forth. Could anyone spare a moment for a mini-tutorial for those of us who may be learning as much about using computers as they are about using the tarot?

Thank you! :D

Promise

Just a quick post to let everyone know that I am still alive and I am still on board with my PDR. I just returned from vacation on Saturday and now I'm feeling a bit under the weather; don't know if it's just exhaustion or if it's one of the bugs that's going around, but either way it's not fun. I'm trudging on as best I can, but my brain is a little too foggy for Tarot reading right now; NyQuil makes me loopy.

I've been catching up on blog posts and such, and I just want to say that you guys are all inspirations. One of most valuable aspects of the PDR for me has been seeing the different ways that we all use and interpret Tarot individually. I mean, I always knew that Tarot was incredibly diverse and flexible and that every reader does things differently, but the blogs have opened up the floodgate for getting inside the minds of you guys.

I just got a copy of 21 Ways thanks to a kind forum member and I plan on working it into my PDR. I'm looking forward to seeing where it's going to end up, that's for sure.

pangolin

DellArtista said:
I really have been wanting to comment on so many of the great readings on your blogs, and seem to remember not too long ago blogger used to have an option where you could comment pretty much anonymously -- without a link to any user account. But it seems now like you have to reply using one of your accounts through google or the various blogging sites, etc etc...

Is there a way to bypass that which I'm somehow missing to comment without it linking back to an account profile on one of those sites? Or do I have to give in & get a new account on one of the sites for it?
Not a silly question at all -- Blogger works in mysterious ways. :) Like souljourney says, it's all up to the individual blogger. I've set my own blog up so anyone can comment. Personally, I *hate* having to register with yet another online entity in order to comment on a blog. So, there are a few (non-Blogger) blogs I never comment on, even though they're very worthy blogs -- I just don't want to set up (yet another) special account. Just my personal preference...

pangolin

Promise said:
One of most valuable aspects of the PDR for me has been seeing the different ways that we all use and interpret Tarot individually. I mean, I always knew that Tarot was incredibly diverse and flexible and that every reader does things differently, but the blogs have opened up the floodgate for getting inside the minds of you guys.
So true! I feel the same way.

cherylleebest said:
I'm learning a lot from your websites, thanks for sharing. I hope you aren't too dismissive of my comments - I do feel hesitant about writing sometimes 'cos I don't have any great insights to offer, but it's all part of learning and growing isn't it?
CLB, I appreciate seeing your comments on my blog -- and everyone else's comments as well. It's a great gift to receive input from my fellow tarot enthusiasts. And I'm so impressed by the blogs of the newbies (those of you who are even newbier than I am, LOL), because your depth of insight and intuitive rapport with the cards is remarkable.

I'll admit that I've struggled with a similar hesitancy about leaving comments, but I figure that if I really annoy someone they can always disapprove my comment and refuse to post it. :p

Promise

Deck Change

KK,

Can you change my deck to Legacy of the Divine, please?

Thank ya!

Asher

New Post

Just posted a new reading. A friend and I are considering setting up a Tarot Meetup in our area. On the Meetup website, over 100 people have expressed interest. I pulled some cards about it...

Asher