Lisa Eddy's Soulmate Spread

WolfSwan

I saw this spread posted by Mary Leo and I was trying to understand how to read it. It's really complex and I'm not sure I understand so I'd like some help.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=259351

The spread calls for two significators:

Court Card - Queen of Wands - passionate, fiery, innovative; and
Major arcana Soul Card - Hierophant - a traditionalist, structured, a mentor or teacher.

Then it asks you to cut the deck a certain way and check whether you get Ace of Cups or 6 of Cups first in your selected pile. Ace of Cups (new beginnings, emotional fulfilment) would mean a new relationship, 6 of Cups (nostalgia, a blast from the past) would mean someone from the past, or that you already know.

So I found the Hierophant - which suggests a karmic/soulmate relationship according to the spread with the 6 of Cups - a relationship with someone I know.

I got:

1 - 5 Pents (A feeling of dejection, loss, abandonment)

2 - Lovers (a choice, a love relationship)

3 - 8 Pents (a lot of hard work, dedication, sometimes over working)

The first three are supposed to be read as the past: So the way this story would read is that in the past there was a love relationship with this person that made me feel lost, dejected abandoned, and was a lot of hard work.

4 - 10 Swords (exhaustion, a near death situation, mental anguish)

5 - 6 Cups (nostalgia, past life connection, someone from the past)

6 - King of Pentacles (Someone who is a hard work, with good financial acumen)

This is supposed to reflect the present: There is presently no communication and things are dead, exhausted with this past lover, - I don't know any Earth signs though, my ex was a Pisces Aries Cusp. King of Pents is no one I know. The King of Pents could reflect me as I'm working really hard on growing my business.

7 - 5 Wands (competition, arguments, chaotic times)

8 - Wheel of Fortune (change in times, a change of luck, the wheel keeps turning)

9 - Page of Swords (communication, awkward communication, sometimes harsh communication)

This is supposed to be about the future: In the future there will be some competition, things will change and there will be some communication between us?

I'm not sure how this would work as a spread and reading. I'd like some help using this example cards in this spread?

OnOrionsBelt

I saw this spread posted by Mary Leo and I was trying to understand how to read it. It's really complex and I'm not sure I understand so I'd like some help.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=259351

The spread calls for two significators:

Court Card - Queen of Wands - passionate, fiery, innovative; and

Major arcana Soul Card - Hierophant - a traditionalist, structured, a mentor or teacher.

Then it asks you to cut the deck a certain way and check whether you get Ace of Cups or 6 of Cups first in your selected pile. Ace of Cups (new beginnings, emotional fulfilment) would mean a new relationship, 6 of Cups (nostalgia, a blast from the past) would mean someone from the past, or that you already know.

So I found the Hierophant - which suggests a karmic/soulmate relationship according to the spread with the 6 of Cups - a relationship with someone I know.

I got:

1 - 5 Pents (A feeling of dejection, loss, abandonment)

2 - Lovers (a choice, a love relationship)

3 - 8 Pents (a lot of hard work, dedication, sometimes over working)

The first three are supposed to be read as the past: So the way this story would read is that in the past there was a love relationship with this person that made me feel lost, dejected abandoned, and was a lot of hard work.

4 - 10 Swords (exhaustion, a near death situation, mental anguish)

5 - 6 Cups (nostalgia, past life connection, someone from the past)

6 - King of Pentacles (Someone who is a hard work, with good financial acumen)

This is supposed to reflect the present: There is presently no communication and things are dead, exhausted with this past lover, - I don't know any Earth signs though, my ex was a Pisces Aries Cusp. King of Pents is no one I know. The King of Pents could reflect me as I'm working really hard on growing my business.

7 - 5 Wands (competition, arguments, chaotic times)

8 - Wheel of Fortune (change in times, a change of luck, the wheel keeps turning)

9 - Page of Swords (communication, awkward communication, sometimes harsh communication)

This is supposed to be about the future: In the future there will be some competition, things will change and there will be some communication between us?

I'm not sure how this would work as a spread and reading. I'd like some help using this example cards in this spread?

Hey WolfSwan,

I did this reading today. It required a lot of careful work and so much double checking!

Two things you should do is lay out the cards and take a photo or just have a look. Here is a quote from the original instructions:

"Lay the nine cards out in the order they were found, in three rows with three cards each. You will read these cards intuitively. You already have a rough time frame and know if this will be someone old or new, so all the other cards give you extra information about the personality of your future lover and also about under what circumstances you might meet. Do pay attention to any Court Cards as they may give you a clue about your future lover’s Star Sign.

The method used for reading this 9 Square is the story spread method which is an intuitive way of reading the cards. There are no positional meanings and for the purpose of this spread all three rows represent the future. Look at the images and let your imagination guide you. The central theme is always either the Ace or the 6 of Cups. Surrounding cards will fill in the blanks. Write down what you see and don’t worry so much about traditional card meanings."

So, it was really important to not think about traditional tarot meaning. Just tell a story from the VISUALS before you.

I was struggling! But my guides insisted I not use traditional meaning, and if you found the appropriate cards then that means you're ready to hear the story of your soul mate. Thus, this deck you chose is the correct one to tell the story! Yah, I tried asking many different ways how I could adjust this, I wanted to change the deck haha but no go.

Look at the cards not as tarot but as fresh oracles that have no little white book to consult. You need to intuitively give them meaning.

After doing it, I quickly figured out, no one can help or assist you with the meaning of this reading simply due to the story spread method. If someone else looks at the cards and tells you what they think or what it may mean then they are writing the story. And it's their interpretation, their intuition, making it null and void. This is your own story to tell.

Second helpful thing to do, if you happen to have taken a photo or remember the three cards that were down on the piles before choosing the highest ranking then those three tell a mini story of the bigger picture. I started there and it was very helpful.

I did find that reading horizontally made sense, however diagonally did not. I honed in on elemental and astrological signs so I could identify who was who in the story. Writing it all out on paper helped to make it flow. I was surprised by the zodiac sign my soulmate seems to have, shocked. However, that's how it goes! It's what you least expect.

Refer here for original instructions. I read the entire entry before starting then, I read each step tediously so I could get it correct. http://angelorum.co/topics/divination/the-ultimate-guide-to-manifesting-true-love/

WolfSwan

Hey WolfSwan,

I did this reading today. It required a lot of careful work and so much double checking!

Two things you should do is lay out the cards and take a photo or just have a look. Here is a quote from the original instructions:

"Lay the nine cards out in the order they were found, in three rows with three cards each. You will read these cards intuitively. You already have a rough time frame and know if this will be someone old or new, so all the other cards give you extra information about the personality of your future lover and also about under what circumstances you might meet. Do pay attention to any Court Cards as they may give you a clue about your future lover’s Star Sign.

The method used for reading this 9 Square is the story spread method which is an intuitive way of reading the cards. There are no positional meanings and for the purpose of this spread all three rows represent the future. Look at the images and let your imagination guide you. The central theme is always either the Ace or the 6 of Cups. Surrounding cards will fill in the blanks. Write down what you see and don’t worry so much about traditional card meanings."

So, it was really important to not think about traditional tarot meaning. Just tell a story from the VISUALS before you.

I was struggling! But my guides insisted I not use traditional meaning, and if you found the appropriate cards then that means you're ready to hear the story of your soul mate. Thus, this deck you chose is the correct one to tell the story! Yah, I tried asking many different ways how I could adjust this, I wanted to change the deck haha but no go.

Look at the cards not as tarot but as fresh oracles that have no little white book to consult. You need to intuitively give them meaning.

After doing it, I quickly figured out, no one can help or assist you with the meaning of this reading simply due to the story spread method. If someone else looks at the cards and tells you what they think or what it may mean then they are writing the story. And it's their interpretation, their intuition, making it null and void. This is your own story to tell.

Second helpful thing to do, if you happen to have taken a photo or remember the three cards that were down on the piles before choosing the highest ranking then those three tell a mini story of the bigger picture. I started there and it was very helpful.

I did find that reading horizontally made sense, however diagonally did not. I honed in on elemental and astrological signs so I could identify who was who in the story. Writing it all out on paper helped to make it flow. I was surprised by the zodiac sign my soulmate seems to have, shocked. However, that's how it goes! It's what you least expect.

Refer here for original instructions. I read the entire entry before starting then, I read each step tediously so I could get it correct. http://angelorum.co/topics/divination/the-ultimate-guide-to-manifesting-true-love/

I'm guessing I can't re-pull so will need to put the cards out that came up. It's hard to look at them without interpreting the traditional meaning of the cards. If they all indicate the future, then this is a little more interesting. As you've read of the situation with my ex, these cards surprised me.

The first card makes me think of a woman who is very cautious as she is approached by a man. She makes me think of someone wondering about the other person's motives and true desire. He just seems to be wanting something from her and there is a feeling of almost drowning. Like she's a tiny flame and he doesn't understand that by approaching too swiftly he might blow out the candle completely. She's holding the child in her arm protectively which makes me think she's protecting her inner child, her inner self, her heart from the approach.

So the next card, Lovers doesn't make much sense. It's a sense of liberation, renewal, but also makes me think of rose coloured glasses. He makes her soar, so she doesn't notice he's actually holding her back too. With the 8 of Pents following it, it feels like this is suggesting they meet through work perhaps? Or when she's preoccupied. Or that she becomes too focused on working things out with him and it becomes exhausting (10 Swords).

The 10 Swords in my deck is also about protection here. I feel like no matter how awful things seem the people will be protected, she has a guardian watching over her, keeping her safe.

What happens with the 6 of Cups though? Do we still read this card? I may have to spend more time reading this but I found it a very hard spread to do!!

OnOrionsBelt

I'm guessing I can't re-pull so will need to put the cards out that came up. It's hard to look at them without interpreting the traditional meaning of the cards. If they all indicate the future, then this is a little more interesting. As you've read of the situation with my ex, these cards surprised me.

The first card makes me think of a woman who is very cautious as she is approached by a man. She makes me think of someone wondering about the other person's motives and true desire. He just seems to be wanting something from her and there is a feeling of almost drowning. Like she's a tiny flame and he doesn't understand that by approaching too swiftly he might blow out the candle completely. She's holding the child in her arm protectively which makes me think she's protecting her inner child, her inner self, her heart from the approach.

So the next card, Lovers doesn't make much sense. It's a sense of liberation, renewal, but also makes me think of rose coloured glasses. He makes her soar, so she doesn't notice he's actually holding her back too. With the 8 of Pents following it, it feels like this is suggesting they meet through work perhaps? Or when she's preoccupied. Or that she becomes too focused on working things out with him and it becomes exhausting (10 Swords).

The 10 Swords in my deck is also about protection here. I feel like no matter how awful things seem the people will be protected, she has a guardian watching over her, keeping her safe.

What happens with the 6 of Cups though? Do we still read this card? I may have to spend more time reading this but I found it a very hard spread to do!!

Heck yah its hard!!! I found myself trying to make bargains so I could make it easier. I spent hours... HOURS hun! haha

Yes, I incorporated the middle card 6/ace cups into my reading. I'm not saying it made 100% sense but it flowed well enough. Something like 78%

I also found symbols in the cards that told me further about timing. And I spotted some numerology aspects. It's really a reading that is meant to be mulled and weighed.

You know what, mine was a cliff hanger. From the way I read it, it doesn't end with me with the soulmate, instead it shows me the crossroad I'll be at. The one thing that seems will prevent me from finding/securing them. That's not so alarming if we return to the question this spread was answering per the creator "Know what to look for in a partner ....Check what advice Spirit has for you in terms of the qualities you need to look out for in a long-term partner with the Future Soul Mate Lover Tarot Spread!"

So these are their qualities and yours as well, and this is what you need to look out for?

If it's merely advice then you're looking for key qualities and events.