The Quest Tarot - Cards you Like/Dislike

prk001

I guess there should be quite a few interesting or cool cards in every deck for every one of us.

In the Quest deck, I like the Death card and the Seven of Wands cards.

The death looks more like a happy card for me. It brings me a smile whenever I look at it. Its probably the face of the reaper. The face is not at all grim, rather it looks more joyful. I guess he is enjoying his job the most.

The Seven of wands looks full of energy. Its a happy and relaxing card. At the same time, its brilliance keeps you from becoming too relaxing & makes your mind/brain tick.
Its a rare combination of being relaxed and thinking at the same time.

Eight of cups is one card which I would not like to be in my reading.
Most of the stone cards in the deck look a little scary to me.

Does anyone else want to share the cards they like/dislike in this deck?

lunakasha

I decided that I would choose three favorite cards, because how could I possibly choose only one? :) I chose one card each from the Majors, Courts and Pips.

THE MOON: I must confess that I am a bit biased here, as the Moon is my favorite card in most decks (the first card I look at, which can make or break the deck for me). The Quest Moon card did not disappoint....

This reminds me of a futuristic world....all of the "traditional" RWS symbolism is here (two dogs, two towers, lobster/crustacean) but everything is....different somehow. The first thing I noticed (other than the huge, gorgeous blue moon itself) was the little beams of light glowing through the water; they are forming a path to lead us through the giant rocks toward another world beyond...

I love the colours in this card: dark and eerie but with enough light to give the feeling of reassurance....being guided through the darkness by the lighted path and the light from above.

***A close "second" for me would be "The Lovers" card, but I will save that for another thread.....***

MOTHER OF WANDS: This card really stood out for me, more so than the other courts...the keyword here is "Creator", and this Queen looks very much in control of the world around her: her universe, her connection to Spirit, her physical body....she looks comfortable and confident in her position as Creator.

There is SO MUCH going on in this card....where to begin??? The first thing I notice is the bright orange flow or energy emanating from her, bursting up toward the sky...in the Wands suit, creativity and spirituality are dominant, and I can imagine this Queen with a heightened awareness in both areas. I notice the black circle with a fireball within it...a raven hovering there, spirit messenger awaiting her call. The two planets with lightning bolts coming down....what is their significance??? (could spend hours on this one....time to move on!)

THREE OF SWORDS: Normally, this is one of my least favorite cards, and as far as its meaning (heartbreak, mourning), it still is. But, in the Quest version of the card, I am drawn to the imagery, which is darkly beautiful in the way it conveys its deep sorrow....

Instead of the "traditional" image of a heart pierced by three swords, we see a large, shiny, translucent drop of water....a teardrop. The swords are piercing this teardrop...again, the meaning of the card is very clear, just an alternative way of expressing it.

The look of the card is dramatic and powerful....it conveys a mood of being in a place of darkness....spiritual and emotional emptiness....heartache, regret and loss....

I love the colors of the sky, and the water below: is it even possible to determine where one ends and the next begins??? Steely blue-grey stripes of color, highlighted by a very small amount of light....noticing the three beams of light in the sky, moving downward toward earth. To me they represent the person's spirits crashing down, the opposite feeling of one's hopes soaring....

Guess that is quite enough for one post, LOL! :D

I look forward to hearing from anyone who would like to discuss these cards or others.....

:D Luna

prk001

After reading Luna's post, I decided to have a look at the cards once again.
In the Majors, Strength & Alchemy were very close to Death...
Strength - Ahhh... this is a great card. She is sitting on the lion with so much ease and faith in herself. She knows that she has the infinite powers in herself & this knowing is helping her in concentrating her energy in to one single direction. She is not worried about the future or about several other things to do. She is present in the current moment & She is all in what she is doing right now. Thats the only way to control the lion on which she is sitting and the snake which she is holding.

In the Court cards, I have to agree with Luna's choice. I could not find any other card as attractive as this. I guess I need a seperate thread to describe this card. I cannot do enough justice to describe this one in a single post. Man... she is looking so sexy too... guess thats my male hormones speaking. ;)

RK

lunakasha

prk001 said:
In the Court cards, I have to agree with Luna's choice. I could not find any other card as attractive as this. I guess I need a seperate thread to describe this card. I cannot do enough justice to describe this one in a single post. Man... she is looking so sexy too... guess thats my male hormones speaking. ;)

RK

I agree...we should start a new thread on the Mother of Wands.... she really is amazing!!!

prk001

lunakasha said:
I agree...we should start a new thread on the Mother of Wands.... she really is amazing!!!

You can go ahead and create a new thread for Mother of wands whenever you have time.
I don't want both of us to create two different threads for the same card. :laugh:

I will post my description of the card on your thread.

RK

lunakasha

prk001 said:
You can go ahead and create a new thread for Mother of wands whenever you have time.
I don't want both of us to create two different threads for the same card. :laugh:

I will post my description of the card on your thread.

RK

Sounds good....I will post it sometime today! :D

:) Luna

prk001

Hi Luna,
I noticed you are using the Quest deck in the reflecting pool readings. I am waiting to see what happens and how well it goes...

L&L
RK

lunakasha

prk001 said:
Hi Luna,
I noticed you are using the Quest deck in the reflecting pool readings. I am waiting to see what happens and how well it goes...

L&L
RK

Yes indeed....I am also excited about using them in the second "pool" of the reading...looking forward to your comments!

prk001

Hi Luna,
Is there any cards in this deck which you don't like or scares you? :D

RK

lunakasha

prk001 said:
Hi Luna,
Is there any cards in this deck which you don't like or scares you? :D

RK

Believe it or not.....I just looked through the entire deck (twice :p)
and could not find a single card I didn't like!!!! That may be a first for me!!!! (well maybe second LOL) Every one of these cards is beautiful, powerful and loaded with imagery....nothing not to love!!!

I did pick out a couple of "darker" looking cards....not scary-dark, just....well, dark!!! :p The Eight of Cups is interesting....Failure. The cups are scattered everywhere, against a dark, watery background...a tall, craggy mountain in the background. Interesting use of color here, with the green and yellow....nice!

Another dark and lovely card is IX The Hermit. I really LOVE this card....it is so completely different from the "traditional" depiction of a Catholic Pope....here the Hermit lives in a cave....and because he is living a solitary existence...he has no need for clothing, LOL!!! :laugh: The owl in the foreground is gorgeous... well-camouflaged by the darkness, almost did not see him!

Another favorite card is the Empress--Femininity. She is breathtaking...reminding me of the Mother of Wands in the way she carries herself with such confidence and feminine power. (I would like to go into more detail on the individual Empress thread...).

prk001--any dark or scary cards for you??? })

Or anyone else??? :p