The Quest Tarot - Cards you Like/Dislike

prk001

lunakasha said:
prk001--any dark or scary cards for you??? })

:D Luna
You have already spoken about the card which is dark & kinda scary for me.... the 8 of cups... I have discussed about this card in a seperate thread...

Apart from it, the only other card which I dont like is the 7 of Stones... those stones look like creepy wierd alien faces flying at you. :eek: :|

L&L,
RK

lunakasha

prk001 said:
You have already spoken about the card which is dark & kinda scary for me.... the 8 of cups... I have discussed about this card in a seperate thread...

Apart from it, the only other card which I dont like is the 7 of Stones... those stones look like creepy wierd alien faces flying at you. :eek:

LOL....funny you should mention the 7 of Stones....

As I was looking through the deck, the 8 of Cups and 7 of Stones were right next to each other....and did you realize that they both have the same keyword???

Failure

No wonder they both look so scary and ominous!!! :eek:

:p Luna

prk001

lunakasha said:

As I was looking through the deck, the 8 of Cups and 7 of Stones were right next to each other....and did you realize that they both have the same keyword???

Failure

Heyyy... you must be kidding... :D
do both of them have the same keywords? :confused:
I have not noticed that... I guess they are reflecting my fear of failure... something to take notice for me... :(

L&L,
RK

lunakasha

prk001 said:
Heyyy... you must be kidding... :D
do both of them have the same keywords? :confused:
I have not noticed that... I guess they are reflecting my fear of failure... something to take notice for me... :(

L&L,
RK

Yep....same keyword, LOL!!!! :laugh:

I did a double-take myself....check it out!!!

prk001

lunakasha said:
The Eight of Cups is interesting....Failure. The cups are scattered everywhere, against a dark, watery background...a tall, craggy mountain in the background. Interesting use of color here, with the green and yellow....nice!

Another favorite card is the Empress--Femininity. She is breathtaking...reminding me of the Mother of Wands in the way she carries herself with such confidence and feminine power. (I would like to go into more detail on the individual Empress thread...).

Both these cards have been discussed by a few people. I would like to see your detailed interpretations of these cards.

Another dark and lovely card is IX The Hermit. I really LOVE this card....it is so completely different from the "traditional" depiction of a Catholic Pope....here the Hermit lives in a cave....and because he is living a solitary existence...he has no need for clothing, LOL!!! :laugh: The owl in the foreground is gorgeous... well-camouflaged by the darkness, almost did not see him!

I like the Hermit too... I myself like to be a little solitary sometimes... I think MysticHermit may be able to better describe the Hermit. :) Until then, I will look at this card & see what I can feel. One of us can start a thread too if the card is interesting. :)

L&L,
RK

lunakasha

MysticHermit.....I like that, hehehehe!!! :p

I do love this card....the Hermit is one of my favorite cards anyway....we should definitely start a new thread!

prk001

lunakasha said:
Yep....same keyword, LOL!!!! :laugh:

I did a double-take myself....check it out!!!

You did it again. :D
This post was not there when I started posting my previous one. :D

I checked the cards right now & you were right.
I didn't know that two cards will have the same keywords.
I thought the keywords were unique till now.
I guess I am learning something new everyday. :)

L&L,
RK

prk001

lunakasha said:
MysticHermit.....I like that, hehehehe!!! :p

I do love this card....the Hermit is one of my favorite cards anyway....we should definitely start a new thread!

MysticHermit... thats one of the newcomer to the forum & our studygroup. He had posted his views on the Fool card recently. Since his nickname has hermit in it, so I just guessed that he may be more of a hermit.

I second your opinion. We should have a thread on this card.

L&L,
RK

MysticHermit

Hi RK & Luna,
I am just a beginner & don't know much about tarot. I am already learning more from these discussion threads in the last few days. I will add whatever I see in the cards in the threads you guys have already created. I will be a nice follower till I become comfortable with the cards. I like the hermit card very much. That is my significator card. I spent most of my life as a loner than being with people & I am quite comfortable with it. Infact, I enjoy being alone. But I can't say that I am as wise as the hermit or as seeking knowledge and wisdom like the Hermit.

Thanks,
MysticHermit

sunflowr

lunakasha said:

Failure

I dont get that though. 7 of stones (pentacles) isnt about failure; it's about having patience, that everything has been done that you can do and all you can do is wait.

How can "failure" be seen in that?

Something to ask the author. Hmmm