Finally! Chronata's tarot deck in progress

Chronata

An update...of sorts

Thanks everyone...especially the newcommers to the party! Welcome and thanks again for the kindness you all have expressed here!

Sometime soon...there will be some Minors to show you all (but I may start a new thread for those!)

Ulfdis...I have to say thanks in particular, as you are one of the few who noticed that particular detail on the Magician! He is one of my favorites and the symbolism is rather multi-layered...but yes! There is an homage hidden there...to my favorite magicians Penn and teller...who manage to do the cup and balls trick with clear glasses (while explaining how they do it to the audience! Absolutely brilliant)

so the update is...I have been hard at work perfecting the process of hand making a deck. This has proven to be much harder than I originally thought, because I had a much clearer picture in mind regarding quality...and I have yet to make my vision...and the actual reality...exist in the same cards.

There is a growing list of preorders for the Limited Edition (and you can PM me if you want to be included on the list!
But I still have not produced a single card that I am completely happy with....yet!
But as I continue to experiment with cardstock and lamination...I am getting closer to making these look as good as I had hoped.

Some of you may be happy however, to find that I am actually making them larger than I had originally intended, because I think the bigger size really shows off the details better.

And the website...ah yes...the website!

It turns out my computer is not happy with my webpage creation program, and tends to slooooow waaaaaaay dooooooown when it is not happy.

Which does not make me happy, becuase it is just taking me forever to do, and I have lots of other things to do!

But thanks everyone for your patience, and continued love!

Without you all here, and your continual support... I would have given up a long time ago!

Tsukiyono

Just finished looking at all the cards. They are so wonderful Chronata, I especially love The World. Even the backs of the cards are wonderful. :) I know this is old news, but don't worry about formal training. There are some artists who have had formal training but are still considered "outsider artists" simply because of genre or choice of medium. I look forward to seeing more of your cards. :)

Emeraldgirl

I want! I want! I want!

Your cards are absolutely stunning. Please add me to your list of people who would like to order them when they become acvailable. Fantastic cards.

peridot

Are you kidding me? these are awesome cards! What a great theme. I can't wait to see the rest of the deck. Good for you. Best wishes.

poivre

Beautiful Chronata!
Be proud!

Majecot

I am still waiting to see your deck listed on the AT Main page with the rest of the decks....hint hint

SilverWing

Please add me to the Limited Edition list. I can't wait to get this deck!

baba-prague

Oh! I just saw the back (sorry, not here so much recently) and just to say it's beautiful! I love the flowers and masks and the colours. I think it's one of the nicest card backs I've seen.

northsea

Your Queen of Wands card in the Aeclectic tarot drew me to view this thread. Your drawing and description of the Queen of Wands is my all-time favorite.

All the cards in your Midnight Masquerade are AWSOME; a few of my favorites are the Fool, Magician and Judgment. Please add me to your limited edition list!

Junia

Very beautiful Deck

Hi Chronata,

Absolutely loved the Justice Card--of course, she should be statuesque. She is obviously waiting to wield her sword just on the 11th hour of the ball!

As for folk art, that is the medium Frida Kahlo worked in and I am so glad that you have such a supportive husband (not a bit like Diego Rivera). I think that her work stands the test of time better than his! And then, tell us who should teach art to the master, if the master you already are? (Sounds like something Yoda would say--Laughing at myself).

Thank you for sharing.
Love and Your Star Card!