Finally! Chronata's tarot deck in progress

feticeira

Chronata your work is just amazing, lovely!
Just a comment on both versions of Temperance: I really like them both, I don´t think the expression is one of seriousness, to me she looks amused while at the same time really concentrated. Which really fits with the meaning: I´ve heard people compare this card to a chef or chemist, well in both professions you risk the creation of something terrible or dangerous if you´re not paying attention. Alchemy and art are not always "good accidents" waiting to happen, sometimes it works out that way, and you get a wonderful surprise, but Temperance is very much about trial and error too.
The lady on your card looks focused, but I can see the ghost of a smile behind her straight mouth, waiting to see what results of her experimenting.
Beautiful card, and in fact I always thought that utterly peaceful and dreamy expression on the RW deck was not necessarily fitting. Temperance requires great work, however pleasant the card may be depending on the situation.

Xander

Your Death, devil, tower and judgement cards were very very clever! really nice dude :p

Demonesse

Nice! I like the mysterious atmosphere - fun, dreamlike and bordering on the eerie. HearthCricket said it best: you've captured the essence of a masquerade.

Also like the handpainted look, the name-scroll at top and the lack of borders. Don't think I'll be able to afford the LE, but it's very thoughtful of you to include boxes and preorder extras for that price.

Congratulations!

prudence

so very cool

Chronata, this is really really beautiful work. Congratulations on an amazing job well done!

It is very hard to pick a favorite though! For now, I am going to go with the Empress.

the unknown

Beautiful work you have Chronata. I love your subtle melancholy style involved with the theatre. Gives a desired rennaissance feel to it that we all wish we could have. I especially love your work on The Tower. Again, Beautiful, if you should get this deck published, please tell me, I would love to buy it!

Myrrha

I was lucky to receive some fridge magnets with images from the Midnight Masqerade as part of a trade with Chronata. They are so gorgeous and make me smile and feel playful everytime I see them. They combine cheerfulness and darkness in a way that works really well. I think the LE will be a favorite deck.
--Myrrha

Fairawen

Oh wow. How did I miss this thread??? HOW?!?!? Chronata, your work is inspiring! Wow! I'm a lover of masks too, so you've got my heart on a string here... hoe goes the work?

Oh *hugs* wow your work is fantastic! I'm a lover of that period in time too, and I could go on and on about the stuff I love about it...

Updates? Info? What's going on with your deck?

~Fairawen~

Chronata

hiya all!

Thank you so much to everyone here who sends me continual encouragement!

And a big huge thank you again...to all of you on my pre-preorder list!
You all have such amazing patience!

Updates to the project...well...

I lost half the scans, and am now trying hard to get the rest of the images (15-21) scanned back into the computer...but of course my scanner is acting up and refuses to work with 600 dpi at the moment.

Boxes and other things that should be on order have been delayed, and now with a major financial setback...I have no idea how long it will be before I get them.

There seems to be a new obstacle in the way every time I turn, which makes me lose hope on getting the decks out at any reasonable rate!

And no...still no website.

But aside from the frustrations...I have decided to look into cafe press to offer a few of the deck images available as t-shirts, tote bags, tile boxes and journals.

So...if you had to pick a favorite card from the Midnight Masquerade Majors...which one would you like to see on any of the above products?

Cards up for consideration include...

The Empress(my only definite so far!)
The Lovers
Death
The World
The Star
the Moon
The Devil

now...given the hassels I am having...I may right now only be able to offer those images that are already scanned at the maximum quality level.
(so...I may only be able to use the first 15 cards...fool-temperance)

But I would love some feedback on what you might think is a good card image to put on stuff!

Thanks so much to the all the attendees of the Ball!
Party on! :D

Feisty Kat

Chronata said:
hiya all!
But aside from the frustrations...I have decided to look into cafe press to offer a few of the deck images available as t-shirts, tote bags, tile boxes and journals.

But I would love some feedback on what you might think is a good card image to put on stuff!

Thanks so much to the all the attendees of the Ball!
Party on! :D

Ok I love all the cards but below is my list of favorites that I would like to see on items.

Star (which makes me think of Temperance...)
Strength (which makes me think of Lovers)
High Priestess
Chariot
Wheel of Fortune (both of them)
World
Title card
Card back

HTH

B*B--Feisty Kat

feticeira

I´d love to see the Hermit on a journal!