"Urban Tarot Deck" ?

photokat

Just spotted this on Etsy - does anyone have this?
Looks interesting.....

Thoughts?

Attachments

• il_430xN.100237338.jpg
    il_430xN.100237338.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 315

Amary

That empress is... wow. Just tell me that's a pomegranite, please.

nisaba

It's a babushka doll. You know, they fit inside each other like onion-skins?

Hey!

A Babushka Tarot!

magpie9

Amary said:
That empress is... wow. Just tell me that's a pomegranite, please.
I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.....:bugeyed:....but I think this empress is still a Virgin. I wonder what the High Priestess card looks like?

Wendywu

Now now - that Empress could be a woman enfolding a small someone in her arms. It doesn't have to be what we see in the first instance :bugeyed: but - if it is that, then it's a valid (if limited) interpretation..... in its way .......

nisaba

Well, I tried to redeem the Empress, I really tried.

She's certainly very -er- female. But then, babushka dolls, with dolls-inside-dolls, usually are.

Suddenly I find myself craving my own secret recipe of mussels in eggplant and garlic sauce. Perhaps she looks like a hairless mussel. Yum.

blue_fusion

magpie9 said:
Interesting...it doesn't look like the same deck. Do you think it's 2 different decks with the same name, or what?

I think they're two different decks - but I find the fact that they share the same title while having totally opposite styles interesting. :D

actually, I encountered the deck in the link I posted some years back, so I was surprised there's another deck with the same name.

magpie9

nisaba said:
Well, I tried to redeem the Empress, I really tried.

She's certainly very -er- female. But then, babushka dolls, with dolls-inside-dolls, usually are.

Suddenly I find myself craving my own secret recipe of mussels in eggplant and garlic sauce. Perhaps she looks like a hairless mussel. Yum.
<falling about laughing...:D> But eating mussels in eggplant and garlic sauce...a very worthwhile activity!