*ahem* anyone else have this deck...?

Padma

I really like the way the colors look in the link QueenofDisks posted. I wonder if really is a re-coloration or if it is just that colors can look really different depending on how they are scanned and differences in computer monitors.

I didn't mean to be sarcastic when I said the bright colors interfered with my reading with the deck, just the literal truth. Somehow darker less distracting colors work better for me. I quite agree with Lotus Padma that liking bright colors or cheerful, optimistic decks doesn't make anyone less deep. Maybe if I email usgames they can tell me what is up with this deck and the colors?

Hi Myrrha :) I think everyone, in the end, works with the deck that "speaks" to them, right? So if darker colours are more soothing for you, then it helps your intuition flow, and that is great too :)

p.s., thanks for standing up for me, too :) I think I just feel - I don't know - like esoteric people seem more sombre and serious, and I am not ;p so I never quite feel like I am "fitting in". Too cheerful by half! lol...

gregory

Yes, and i remember reading a dissertation on the "Last Supper" painting by Leonardo - there was an argument about the figure on his right, stretching towards him - it is thought now that he is a she, and is Mary Magdalene :) too bad she got kicked off the island...

There is also a fabulous short story by D.H. Laurence called "The Man who Died" which is about Jesus' love of Magdalene - if you are interested :)

I don't know about a dissertation - but Dan Brown based The Da Vinci Code on that one. :)

Lotus Padma - esoteric people are NOT all that serious by half. I am not very comfortable with this particular deck, but only because the Christianity is too heavy for me. I read with FAR less earnest ones... :laugh: You fit in just fine.

Padma

I don't know about a dissertation - but Dan Brown based The Da Vinci Code on that one. :)

Lotus Padma - esoteric people are NOT all that serious by half. I am not very comfortable with this particular deck, but only because the Christianity is too heavy for me. I read with FAR less earnest ones... :laugh: You fit in just fine.

Haha! Thanks for that, Gregory :) and I guess Dan Brown based his book theory on the dissertation ;p

and hey, I have noticed loads of peeps here have a great sense of humour - so my preconceptions are off base ;p this is what comes from cocooning in the woods ;p I don't meet enough people by half! lol...all lost in my little candy-coloured world :)

Morwenna

I have it! Yes it is quite cheesetastic. But as a free range semi-Pagan Christian weirdo, I like the Christian symbolism.

You're not alone! :D

I just may have to seriously reconsider this deck. I do love the artwork, and the concepts being discussed here have got me thinking.

cardlady22

Morwenna, your Inbox is full. :angel:

Padma

You're not alone! :D

I just may have to seriously reconsider this deck. I do love the artwork, and the concepts being discussed here have got me thinking.

Ha! Queen of Disks, I love how you describe your beliefs - I have the same kind of range, but never knew how to describe it - you put it beautifully! ;)

And Morwenna, I hope you enjoy using the deck. I love how easy it is to get a very quick "snapshot" of what is going on when I use it in my spreads, the prompts on the cards work really well for me, hope they do for you too :)

MayQueen

I have the Connolly deck as well, it was my first deck & a gift which gives it a special place in my heart! I find it great for learning the Tarot and it is indeed very cheerful and upbeat :)

Padma

I have the Connolly deck as well, it was my first deck & a gift which gives it a special place in my heart! I find it great for learning the Tarot and it is indeed very cheerful and upbeat :)

Ha! I am glad you enjoy it - it is really not so bad! Most people here gag on it ;p lol!
It is certainly a great beginner's deck. But one thing I have learned here is that the more types of decks you have, the more you learn and grow as a reader. I also didn't realise that people collect decks till I came here - or that many decks, especially OOP (out of print) decks are worth a great deal of money! ;p all the more reason to beef up what you have :)