Re-enabling your existing decks

Aerin

I've put some of my decks up for sale recently, and in doing so have really started to focus on what I do/ don't like about a deck.
Most of the decisions were clear cut, or so I thought......

I'm now considering taking one off trade - Tarot of the White Cats. I'd forgotten (until I posted on another thread about decks suitable for a child) how cleverly one or two of the cards are done - it's not just a cats-for-people clone. I'd forgotten how easy it is to read. And I'd forgotten why I'd liked it in the first place.

Have you ever succesfully re-enabled yourself for a deck that you already own? Or would you like someone else to re-enable you?

Aerin

.traveller.

The 3rd Millennium... never gave it much thought, liked the idea, bought it on a whim, and never used it. I've thought about trading it but after taking another look, it's pretty deep and it's an overall good deck. Even if I don't use it now, I know I will one day and that is enough reason to keep it.

Vesper

What a great idea for a thread! I hope it takes off, and is as successful as the superfun de-enabling thread.

I'm considering giving away my Vanessa to my 12 year old niece, and I never use my Golden (Kat Black) deck, because the white bars at the bottom with the card titles bug me too much.

Aerin

traveller, from what I've read this deck is an attractive art deck even if you don't read with it that much. I looked at some scans and the Majors look especially interesting.

evelone said:
I'm considering giving away my Vanessa to my 12 year old niece

Have you tried her on career readings? She seems to like those, they are her thing. She's a bit of a Marie Claire girl at heart I think. Mine also enjoys non-serious relationship readings, but she hates football much to my husband's disgust. And she comes in a tin. A tin! The tin is great!

and I never use my Golden (Kat Black) deck, because the white bars at the bottom with the card titles bug me too much.

I'm sure there are some trimming fanat.... *ahem* experts who could help with this. A lot of people here seem to trim annoying titles off decks and give their decks a whole new lease of life.

Aerin :)

autumnsdaughter

How about my Celtic Wisdom? It's too hard to learn all the stories, I can't shuffle the cards well. Anyone want to help me fall back in love or at least like?

morticia monroe

What a GREAT thread! I'll be back later...I have to make a list of the "duds" in my closet so y'all can tell me how sweet they really are, and maybe I can pick them up again. Love it!

Ahhh, I found a few,,,the Archeon, the Cosmic, and the Revelations.

Chronata

oooh I love this idea! Ok...Traveller, I can re-enable you to the III Millennium (I hope!)
If, like me...you like forensic crime shows (like CSI and the like) then this deck is sort of the ultimate crime scene that a detective can put together the clues from, and formulate theories.

Of course, I an mostly talking about the minors here...

the Majors can be seen like archetypes...they become almost like suspects,the movie stars and the powerful untouchable figures.

I have done quite a few readings with this deck, and it always appeals to the detective in me...to try and deduce what is going on.

It's a brilliant storytelling deck!

Madame Squee

morticia monroe said:
What a GREAT thread! I'll be back later...I have to make a list of the "duds" in my closet so y'all can tell me how sweet they really are, and maybe I can pick them up again. Love it!

Ahhh, I found a few,,,the Archeon, the Cosmic, and the Revelations.
Ooooo, I love the court cards in the Cosmic! They're so easy to read! You know what those people are thinking!!! ;)

The Archeon reminds me of the Vertigo, only at a fraction of the price. When you think you're in danger of breaking into your piggybank for a Vertigo, just pull out your Archeon! Voila! Saved, again! :p

Now, I haven't looked at my Revelations deck for a couple of years, hmmm...

.traveller.

III Millennium

Thanks! I'll have to pull them out tonight and give them another look-see :) and maybe a shuffle.

magpie9

This thread is a great idea! For one thing, it gives the enablers who post on the de-enabling thread where to go! It can be really hard when a deck you love is being shredded!