2016 Lo Scarabeo Catalog

AnjouTwo

Delightful. As usual there are a few head-scratchers in the mix (Zener cards anyone?). I can hardly wait for Juanary 2016.

I'm surprised they're putting out a revised Circle of Life set after the mostly cool reception given the original. Perhaps it's worth another look.

Nemia

I'm disappointed, I confess. More cats with hairy decollete, more sexy-sullen elvish ladies, and a variation of the New Vision. I find much of the art cartoonish or even kitschy, but that's of course only my taste. I'm underwhelmed - had hoped for some interesting historical re-editions.

starlightexp

The Masonic Tarot might be worth a look at just to see how deep it goes but for the most part most of the decks newly offered made me yawn a bit as things have have been done before. Oh great ANOTHER cat deck. Oh look MORE vampire tarots, but they are running a business and those are the target audience favorites so might as well bring out another. When I was working in the collectable industry years back designing products we always knew that if we put a cat on a figurine we would automatically sell 15-20% more of it.

The After Tarot is an interesting idea that will be worth a look to see where it leads.

I remember the Lost Code Tarot being a kickstarter a while back with a VERY hefty goal. I wonder what the Limited Edition means?

As for the Tarot Apocalypsis, by no means is it a style I gravitate towards Eric certainly knows how to pack a card with symbols in a way that MRP just never got the hang of. I give him props for his work, just not my cup of tea.

And a Golden Wirth.... yes that I will pic up.

Aeric

I had the opportunity to buy a regular Oswald Wirth this weekend. I'm glad I passed it up; the new one looks great.

madhatter00o

Am I the only one who's excited for card sleeves?! We're these a thing before?

Depending on the fit of them, they could be really good... :3

starlightexp

I think they are a great idea

seedcake

No, I'm excited too ;)

G6

Wow!

Im astonished that I looked through that whole Lo Scar 2016 catalog and NOTHING in there excited me.

RavenLuna

I like the look of the Lenormand, but not much of the tarot interests me, although I want to know more about the Lost Code Tarot.