Have You Made Your Own Oracle?

Glass Owl

All this talk of photography has me thinking about those empty film canisters--or maybe even just the canisters tops. I wonder what I could come up with using those.....

Pumpkin

Glass Owl said:
All this talk of photography has me thinking about those empty film canisters--or maybe even just the canisters tops. I wonder what I could come up with using those.....

You could put pictures and symbols on the tops. Not sure about the canisters.

Long ago, from one book or another. We use to make lipgloss and put it in them. lol

WolfSpirit

I made an oracle from Lord of the Rings trading cards, out of necessity: the Donaldson LOTR tarot does not have that magical look, and the Taiwanese LOTR movie deck is just pretty pictures.
I made a selection of a number of trading cards (with movie shots from the LOTR trilogy) - as diverse in atmosphere and characters as possible - and rounded the corners. They are square-cornered plastic cards so the corners scratch your hands when shuffling.
I think it is better than any other existing LOTR deck :D and as I love the stories so much, I get very much from the cards and can weave them into a story.

Pumpkin

Hi WolfSpirit, that is a wonderful idea. :D

I love that idea. Can a scan a few for us to see?

gravenimages

I agree--I love LOTR and the symbolism is so rich and varied--it would make an amazing oracle!! Yes--put up some scans!

XXXNat

WolfSpirit

Glad you like the idea :)
I don't have a scanner but I will try to scan some cards at work, if it is not too busy.

WolfSpirit

Here are a few examples. The actual cards are clearer, a very clear photo quality but the scanning process took some of that away.
some of the cards also became too dark after scanning.
But I hope you can still see how lively they are and how much they can tell :)

Attachments

• frodo and sam.jpg
    frodo and sam.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 110
  • gandalf.jpg
    gandalf.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 91
  • heroes against evil.jpg
    heroes against evil.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 84

WolfSpirit

Two more: Saruman and Faramir.

Attachments

• saruman.jpg
    saruman.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 80
  • faramir.jpg
    faramir.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 76

Pumpkin

Thanks for posting those. They look great.

Will keep my eye open for cards that speak to me. :D

I might even mix and match depending on what I find.

gravenimages

This is really cool--how do you work with it--are there specific meanings, or do you just go by your interpretation of the characters, places etc.? XXNat