Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

SherryZoned 
Citizen

I added new posts to my blog..but in all fairness it is not neccesarily about tarot.. I posted about my crystal ball.. Since the husband is laid off work at the moment I am going to take advantage and start posting at least once a day about tarot decks I own and images.. Maybe some readings I am not sure..but I am really trying to get into the habit of actually keeping up with my blog.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #801
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher
I've posted this music video on my blog...it's great! How many Tarot images can you spot? Wisdom Moon has a list of 38!!

Enjoy!

Asher
Oh! I saw that video!! Wonderful and so much fun to see how many card images you can see.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #802
Citizen

SherryZoned 
Citizen

Posted what I thought about The Witchy Tarot...and some images.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #803
Citizen

Onyx 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryZoned
Posted what I thought about The Witchy Tarot...and some images.

Just read you post. It was nice. I have always thought of the Witchy Taort as a fun looking deck. Not something I would buy or use but I am glad it is out there for others.

This is my PDR update.

I have completely fallen off the blogging wagoon but I am still very consistent with my Tarot Shadow Work spreads. I am getting so much out of them that it is possibly the most rewarding personal tarot work I have ever done.

I am about at a midway point and I am thinking about posting something when I am finished. It is farily personal stuff but getting me right what I wanted from this exercise. I am still pretty surprised that except for a week in May that I have still stuck with the Liber T. This is now certainly one of my personal decks. It is a strange little deck but over the two years since I got it has really developed into something special.

Just thought I would give you all an update and encourage everyone in their own practice.

Onyx.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #804
Citizen

SherryZoned 
Citizen

Glad you are continuing even if you are not posting..That is what really counts.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #805
Citizen

Asher 
Citizen

I'm on vacation for another couple of weeks. Got some ideas for blog posts, but they will need to wait until I get home. Too busy sitting by the pool, reading some novels, doing some sightseeing, etc.

Asher
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #806
Citizen

SherryZoned 
Citizen

Wow Asher..Yeah I would not think about the blog either. Enjoy your vacation!!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #807
Citizen

Asher 
Citizen

Talking Back from vacation...

and have 3 new posts! It's been fun getting back into blogging and to my PDR experience.

Asher
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #808
Citizen

Onyx 
Citizen

Finally back in the saddle again! Posted a report on my spreads from working with Christine Jette's Tarot Shadow Work.

I am thinking about posting more of my study on each of the majors in the Liber T deck as I go forward.

Also I am thinking about opening it up to more than just my PDR stuff too.

Feels good to be back,

Onyx.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #809
Citizen

Onyx 
Citizen

78 Days to Go

Hello all!

I was working on my PDR a couple of weeks ago and discovered that from October 15th to the end of the year is exactly 78 days left.

To celebrate my first PDR coming to a conclusion I have decide to put one of my copies of the deck in order and draw out one card a day for the rest of the year. This way I will go through the deck one more time. I think I am going to go through the Minors first then save the Trumps for the last twenty-two days.

I have found that this was such an inspired idea and though posting on my blog could have been more frequent I kept at it personally and I am finding it to be very rewarding.

Onyx.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #810
Citizen

sapienza 
Citizen

Hello. I completely let my blog slide and although I continued working with the Vacchetta for awhile I then moved on to the Ancient Italian and then after that I went crazy hopping about from one deck to another for awhile. I've just decided to start and IDS with Dame Fortune's Wheel and so thought I'd do my PDR with it too. Rather than posting to a blog I'm just going to post my thoughts in the study group here on the forum. I'm looking forward to working with this deck.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #811
Citizen

pippi 
Citizen

Is there going to be a new thread started for 2010? I want in!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #812
Citizen

Onyx 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippi

I am pretty sure I am going to do it again. It was great! I will change some of my expectations and may allow it to work within my 78 Weeks study ideas but yeah I am going to do it again.

I may or may not use the same deck that I did this year or stick with it the whole year along. I am looking at using a Rider-Waite or very close clone like the Universal Waite.

Allan
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #813
Citizen

teomat 
Citizen

Me too! I'm struggling with doing an IDS (have tried and failed several times), so this whole PDR approach seems a lot more friendly to me. It might turn into an IDS anyway!

My original IDS goal was to go back to basics and try to 'properly' learn one of the big three (TdM, RWS or Thoth). I originally tried an IDS with the TdM, but struggled with the pips. I then switched to the Thoth, but however much I find the ideas behind it interesting, I just don't like the deck itself. It's too chaotic for me.

So...my pocket RWS has won. But I still want the freedom to play with my other decks, so it'd be great to have a 2010 PDR thread.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #814
Carpathian Dream

firefrost 
Carpathian Dream

I'm bowing out, I failed miserably. After the first few weeks, I couldn't think of anything to read on and it became a chore. I enjoyed it up until then.

I'm not proud of my lack of commitment but at least I know not to join in these things anymore.

I take my hat off to you all who will commit and fare better than I did, and I hope you have an enlightening year!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #815
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

Quote:
pippi, go for it! Who knows, I might actually try it again...

Like firefrost, I failed miserably and it started to become a chore. It cut into my reading-for-others time and eventually that gave way to Life. It has been a long year with many, some welcome, surprises.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #816
Citizen

pippi 
Citizen

Well, I'm definitely going to try! I won't have the time to be the one in charge of maintaining the thread full of links, so if no one wants to start a new thread, I'll be doing my PDR Hermit-style!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #817
Citizen

strings of life 
Citizen

This sounds feasible. I'd like in as well for 2010 .
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #818
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

Ok, so we're still looking for someone to take this over. I am working and going to school fulltime for the next year-and-a-half, so anyone who'd like to step up, please do.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #819
Citizen

Sinduction 
Citizen

I'm doing the 78 week study too, not sure I can do both.

One to study and one to read with? I will have to think on it.

And no new deck for the new year so I'd have to go with something I already have...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #820
Citizen

Onyx 
Citizen

As I come to the end of the year, I have been looking over my journal from the last year and it is a rewarding experience to review how far I came with my deck.

I found a great calendar/journal early on from Moleskin. In the beginning, it had a spot for every day listed throughout the year in columns of months. I used this to track my daily draws. I just did it and sometimes I reflected sometimes not. I pulled cards randomly and then not randomly. I drew the night before the day sometimes, I drew for the whole week at times and even pulled cards after the day was over in retrospect.

The calendar pages had the left page the seven days of the week and the right page was just a lined journal. This worked very well. I would jot notes about the daily draw and info about the day and then used the right side for my spread that I was working with for the week (or weeks Ė several took lots of reflection).

Here is a link to the produce description http://www.moleskine.com/catalogue/d...ver__large.php

The blog was a great idea but became the albatross around my neck. I couldnít do all of it and then blog too. I ended up doing a Hermit-style PDR and that was fitting because it turned out to be very personal. Two great things came together early summer to really power me through the rest of the year. Christine Jetteís Tarot Shadow Work book and the Liber T deck itself. I found my stride. The book provided a series of spreads. No more searching for a spread and looking for questions, which was also a huge struggle early on in the PDR experience. This was perfect. I would lay out a spread and examine and journal about it for weeks.

Why I think it worked for me:

1) The journal kept me focused and driven in both study and time. The pages represented time and reflection two things that I needed to be reminded about constantly. I carried it around with me everywhere, all the time.

2) One Deck, all year, (well almost). Originally, the idea was that you picked a deck and it would be your personal deck but you were free to change as often as you liked. I liked the idea that there was a chance at freedom if the deck just didnít work. I got overwhelmed by the Liber T in late Spring and set it aside for a week or so. But soon came back devoted that this was my personal deck for the year.

3) I didnít use my personal deck in readings for others. It was free to play around and us my growing collections for others but this one was separate and all my readings were from this deck. Commitment to the PDR with one deck everything else was open. Again, it was focused and still I had a chance to breathe and play too.

4) I was open with myself and forgiving in times of weakness. I didnít read for myself every week but decided that the goal was one deck for one year not one reading a week for myself. It was a small thing that made all the difference.

5) Study was optional. Too often I get too focused on deck study and not deck use. I did study at times and learned a lot. Other times I didnít and I just used the cards. An IDS is great but not for everyone and I am enjoying the 78 Weeks study now but the PDR isnít a study exercise. This is a using exercise and this may seem to be a small distinction but was a big one for me gave me room to explore and be free. At times, I would use LWB from other decks with this one. It worked at times and so I let it.

The right deck is essential and is very personal. I am up for doing this again and willing. I donít know how it will work and if lightning can strike twice. I need a break from the everyday Liber T and yet I love it and have used it every day and so it is close to me. I am scouting out different books like Tarot Shadow work that will help me to get through the year.

This slow, steady, and personal exercise is not for everyone but has been powerful and rewarding for me. I would recommend sober judgement before starting to see if you are ready for what can amount to deep personal reflection and kind enough to know when to pause and stop. (I had to stop looking and start working changing a few things. But that was right and true for the exercise as well.)

Allan
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #821
Citizen

sapienza 
Citizen

Thanks for sharing your experience Allan. Some of your ideas really provide food for though.

I continued a PDR of sorts but gave up on the blog quite early on. I found the pressure to write it put me off. I'm aiming for next year to focus on the big three + a return to the Mythic, my first deck. I've set myself a writing challenge around this but it won't involve a blog. I am currently doing an IDS but I can never last that long because I find it impossible to limit myself to one deck. Even though I generally use one deck predominantly, comparing different decks, especially the historical decks, is an important thing for me. I'm still working on the specifics of my goals for 2010 and whether it will be in the PDR format or not I'm still not sure.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #822
Citizen

Onyx 
Citizen

Looking forward to next year, I thought it would be interesting to hear how the PDR worked for you and how it didn't.

I think it would be good to look at how the Personal Deck Reflection Year One can provide lessons for planning for 2010.

Here is the outline view of what the PDR was to look like.

Quote:
  1. Use whatever decks you wish as long as you have a main deck with which you read and post, at least once a week.
  2. Have a blog or open a Thread here for the specific purpose of sharing with us your personal insights with your deck.
  3. Commit to reflecting with this one deck as a year-long activity.
  4. You are free to change your PDR deck as much as you want until you find a deck that agrees with you.
I think that there are some who have said that have the blog was too much work and cumbersome. I think that it a good change would be to simply post in a PDR thread. More casual and less intimidating than having a blog.

Pretty sure I am in for another year. Who's with me and what are you looking for in a Personal Deck Reflection?

Allan
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #823
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

I agree that having a PDR Thread that is personal to oneself would be easier than the up-keep of a blog. But we would have to get permission from the mods to use one Thread for multiple readings, which I am not sure we can do or not.

Onyx, are you interested in spearheading the upcoming year's PDR Group?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #824
Citizen

KafkasGhost 
Citizen

I will be done with my IDS of Universal Fantasy at the New Moon in Feb. '10 but would definitely be interested in signing up for a PDR of one of my non-scenic pip decks for '10.

So please, Onyx, spearhead away! :0)
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #825
Citizen

sapienza 
Citizen

My thoughts would be that the PDR thread could simply be a support thread like the IDS thread. That way people can reflect in whatever way suits them. Some might like to blog, others to post here at Aeclectic and others may wish to journal by hand or just reflect privately. I think the thread is a good support and encouragement for those who are in for the long haul.

I'm going to probably be on-line a bit less next year so couldn't 'take over' as far as organising the thread goes. But I hope someone can as I think this is a really good alternative to the IDS, which is a bit limiting for some of us
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #826
Citizen

pippi 
Citizen

I am considering a blog dedicated just to my PDR, but that does add another level of commitment, so I'm not sure at this point. I may just have it there, in case I feel like posting something with the deck when inspiration hits, rather than having a set amount of posts to strive for each week/month. This way there's no pressure.

So... there's still no one who wants to step up and head the 2010 thread?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #827
Citizen

Onyx 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Cat
I agree that having a PDR Thread that is personal to oneself would be easier than the up-keep of a blog. But we would have to get permission from the mods to use one Thread for multiple readings, which I am not sure we can do or not.

If I remember correctly this was an issue last year when we were starting and so we all opted for blogs because they were open and allowed for more freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KafkasGhost
I will be done with my IDS of Universal Fantasy at the New Moon in Feb. '10 but would definitely be interested in signing up for a PDR of one of my non-scenic pip decks for '10.
One thing that is great about the exercise is that it is open and you can change. I am curious to hear what the success rate was for those who maintain to one deck for the whole year versus those who changed. I am also considering a non-scenic pip deck as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
My thoughts would be that the PDR thread could simply be a support thread like the IDS thread. That way people can reflect in whatever way suits them. Some might like to blog, others to post here at Aeclectic and others may wish to journal by hand or just reflect privately. I think the thread is a good support and encouragement for those who are in for the long haul.
I think having a new 2010 support thread would be the best way to go as well. We could post when we have new blog entry or reading posted in the reading threads. One thing that I have been considering is how to combine the personal along with the communal. I think that it would be a good idea to have ideas for spread posted for each of us to try and then everyone who does it respond to see how it worked. Also other exercise like meditations, dream work, or any other new and different activity that can help us connect personally with our choosen decks.

Quote:
I am considering a blog dedicated just to my PDR, but that does add another level of commitment, so I'm not sure at this point. I may just have it there, in case I feel like posting something with the deck when inspiration hits, rather than having a set amount of posts to strive for each week/month. This way there's no pressure.
Having a blog set up is a great idea and can allow for those moments of creativity and change too. It does add a level of commitment which is great if it works but a spirit crusher if it doesn't. Everything that you can stuff in your tool box as you head out on the adventure helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Cat
Onyx, are you interested in spearheading the upcoming year's PDR Group?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KafkasGhost
So please, Onyx, spearhead away! :0)
Quote:
So... there's still no one who wants to step up and head the 2010 thread?

Okay, okay, I'll do it. I was thinking about it already. I would love to help anyone get more in touch with the use of their decks. I will start a new thread but my thoughts where that I am focused on finishing out this year. I want to take a moment and see what we did right and build on that and then work to make it an inspiring and productive exercise for all who want to join. If we start well it can make a big difference to how successful and rewarding the year can be.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #828
Citizen

sapienza 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx
I think that it would be a good idea to have ideas for spread posted for each of us to try and then everyone who does it respond to see how it worked.
I really like this idea. Especially for times when one is feeling a little lost it would provide a good structure.

Quote:
Okay, okay, I'll do it.
Yay. THANK YOU

I think it's a good idea to finish up with this year first as well. Will you post in this thread when you start the new one please?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #829
Citizen

Onyx 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
I think it's a good idea to finish up with this year first as well. Will you post in this thread when you start the new one please?

Just did! I had some time tonight so I decided to strike while the iron was hot. Who knows come tomorrow I might have backed out but now I am on the hook!

Allan
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #830
Citizen

KafkasGhost 
Citizen

Thank you so, so much, Onyx!

I also like the ideas for spreads concept, too, as it will help everyone feel connected to each other during their very individual journeys, and if one is feeling lost, overwhelmed, etc.

Finish off your year beautifully and I look forward to getting to work in '10...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #831
Citizen

pippi 
Citizen

Quote:
Okay, okay, I'll do it.
Yay!! Thanks Onyx!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #832
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

Thank you for taking this over, Onyx!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #833

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.