The Dark Grimoire Tarot

Silverlotus

Oh, it is very Lovecraftian. The Eight of Pentacles reminds me of the story Pickman's Model. Very interesting.

AJ

rwcarter said:
are you talking about the creature holding the jar? And I thought that I was the only one who had this white trash rock star thing that I couldn't explain.... }) :laugh: })

Rodney

Creature Smeecher, there is someone for everyone :) I'm going to have to google up what Grimoire means.

Syrah

AJ said:
ooo that tower. Every little kid's boogyman nightmares come to life.

I find the 8 of swords guy kinda hot :) :)

I think I prefer the 8 of pentacles guy myself. I like men who know how to use their hands... ;)

I also completely agree with your comment about the tower. Thankfully I've matured a bit since I was a child - now I find these images compelling rather than frightening.

*sigh* All these great decks coming out. I've only just gotten into Tarot and already my bank account is getting frustrated with me.

Pagan X

A lot of debate at my house about the Eight of Swords. We think the closest match is Wilbur Whately (see the tentacles on his chest?) and the woman in the jar is Lavinia? Or Wilbur's father, Yog Sothoth, who is titanic and ultradimensional. But we didn't think he looked so human.

easyboy82

Am I wrong or there are no more Italian titles on the cards?
Since LS is Italian I don't like this choice, if it was a matter of space I would have dropped Spanish instead ...

Nydia

This deck is at www.alidastore.com now.
There are a few more scans there, including the back of the cards.

Erzebet

Nydia said:
This deck is at www.alidastore.com now.
There are a few more scans there, including the back of the cards.

Thank you Nydia, I've ordered myself a copy on a whim. I like those backs, they look like an old book cover from a 19th century spooky novel! I hope I didn't get this deck for the backs but Lo Scarabeo has had some of the worst ever with those mirror image boring backs the past few years. So seeing that neat picture I was drawn to buy it. })

Are you buying it too Nydia?

Nydia

Erzebet said:
Are you buying it too Nydia?
I'm not sure I will buy it. I like the style and colors and the scans look good on Alida, better than the really big pictures shown earlier in this thread. I don't know who or what is happening in the scenes, though. I also miss having the suit symbols in the pictures. I would like the card backs more if they were that pattern only, with no picture.

I'm going to wait more before buying it.

Essjay

Thank you for the link Nydia. I love the card backs - the people behind him look eerie.

Onyx

This deck is going to be by far the darkest deck I own. I am looking forward to it and a little worried that it might be too dark for me. I think that it will be a great chance to do some shadow work for myself and will be a fun deck to take to a halloween party where I may do some readings. Spooky.

Onyx.